Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coombe - glucose tolerance test?

Options
  • 07-03-2012 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi ladies,
    I am 24 weeks, and attending the Coombe.
    I know that in a lot of places it is routine to have a glucose tolerance test around 24-28 weeks. Anyone know if they are doing it routinely in the Coombe? I haven't been told about it and wonder if I need it...
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I think it's only if you're over a certain BMI that they perform the test but ask at your next appointment or ring the clinic and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭missis aggie

I don't think they do it routinely. I had one done as I have family history of diabetes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I wasn't given one in the Coombe & I'm 37 weeks pregnant now so doubt I will be given one now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭wdmfapq4zs83hv

No its not routine, I had one done in the Coombe as one of my babies had too much fluid around him which can be a sign of gestational diabetes

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

ok. thanks for that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement