Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband affected by sky boxes

• 07-03-2012 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

apologies if this has been covered before but could anyone tell me is it possible to have phoneline,sky boxes and broadband all connected to one jack? in the wall.
    i currently have all of them connected using 2 splitters but my broadband speed (which should be 3mb) plummets to .39mb.
    my problem is that sky have decided after years of ignoring it that i must have all sky boxes connected to a phone line.
    anybody know the correct way to filter it if possible at all?
    thanks in advance.:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Do your sky boxes cease to work if they are not connected to the phone line?

If they still work then just unplug them.

I'm guessing the OP has multiroom, in which case you need to keep the boxes connected. Are you using a DSL filter on the two boxes? That should stop them from interfering with your broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭seaniemoylan

i would love to but as one of them is a multiroom box i have recieved 2 letters from sky threatening to charge for full subscription on it if they were not connected to a phone line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

I wouldn't advise disconnecting the boxes from the phone line as then Sky will happily charge the OP full whack for every box he/she has instead of the multi-room rate.One of the caveats of multi-room is that the boxes must be connected to the phoneline at all times,so that Sky know the boxes are all at the address they're supposed to be at.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭seaniemoylan

Karsini wrote: »
    I'm guessing the OP has multiroom, in which case you need to keep the boxes connected. Are you using a DSL filter on the two boxes? That should stop them from interfering with your broadband.

im not :o just a splitter i got from b&q,will have a root through drawers to see if i can locate one,thanks karsini

• Advertisement

im not :o just a splitter i got from b&q,will have a root through drawers to see if i can locate one,thanks karsini

No problem, happy to help. Ideally, any device you connect to the phone line (except the DSL modem itself) should be filtered to prevent it from interfering with the DSL.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement