Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of changing to Eircom

Options
  • 07-03-2012 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi,
    Think of changing from 3mb Imagine DSL to Eircom up to 8mb unlimited 250gb NGB. My local exchange is ngb enabled but not migrated, does that mean that i could have ngb uncontended or would that be in the future?. Primarily moving because of the larger download limit. The damn xbox,iphone,ipod and streaming tv vids are creasing my current limit. I have one or two other questions, if i could direct them to an eircom rep?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Don't do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭the scrote

I'll be moving from eircom as soon as my contract is up.they got me with free line rental for 10 months but now that thats up my last 2 monthly bill was 150 euro with 7 euro of that been made on calls,Rang them & they said they made a mistake with the vat & dropped it to 128 euro,still to expensive at 65euro a month for broadband,my mate has wimax for 40 a month inc calls & is very happy with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi,
    Think of changing from 3mb Imagine DSL to Eircom up to 8mb unlimited 250gb NGB. My local exchange is ngb enabled but not migrated, does that mean that i could have ngb uncontended or would that be in the future?. Primarily moving because of the larger download limit. The damn xbox,iphone,ipod and streaming tv vids are creasing my current limit. I have one or two other questions, if i could direct them to an eircom rep?

Thanks blankstare90.

PM me with your phone number and I will see if your exchange is setup for NGB. I understand completely how your current usage limit will be causing you finanacial heartbreak with another provider, I used to be in the same position.

As well as offering uncongested higher broadband speed with NGB, you'll avail of unlimited download usage. The relief of not having to worry about added costs for exceeding your download or upload cap, should help you decide alone. You'll also have the bonus of eircom added services like MusicHub - It is excellent. If you want to 'watch and chat' during a premier league or Rugby match, as an eircom customer, you'll get to stream live free Setanta Sports on eircom SportsHub.

PM me with your phone number and I'm confident you'll make the best choice.

To see what eircom Broadband Bundles /Packages you will qualify for, just enter your home phone number here - eircom Broadband

Kind regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭wideband

upandcumming +1

• Registered Users Posts: 31 blankstare90

Just thought i'd update this thread. Took the plunge and changed over to Eircom and while it took a wee while to fully transfer over, its been worth it. At least double my previous speed and very consistent for less than what i was paying.
    And no i am not an eircom employee.

• Advertisement
Advertisement