Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not Booting

Options
  • 07-03-2012 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Ok so I switched my components to a new case as my old was too dusty, I wired everything up and hit the on button it wont boot there is one cable (last picture) that doesn't fit anywhere (that I know of) which leads to the power button area is this my problem if so where does it go?

IMG_1036[1].jpg

IMG_1037[1].jpg

IMG_1038[1].jpg

IMG_1040[1].JPG

IMG_1045[1].JPG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Yeah it looks like a connection for the power/reset switch and drive led headers.

Without knowing the mobo or case it looks like it will fit to the right of the sata connections in the 2nd pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Straignt

The motherboard is the Asus M4A89GTD Pro and case is CoolerMaster Storm Trooper, I just tried and it wouldn't fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

Is the cable you're referring to the one marked AC97? If it is that is just a second option for audio, you already have the HD audio connected which is correct. What exactly is happening when you try to boot?

If it's the cable in the last picture, that looks like the 20 Pin USB3.0 cable. Again this wouldn't prevent you from booting if it wasn't connected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

I got it, the connections beside the sata cables were upright not sideways, thanks for helping me =]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

I know this isn't helping you, but what do you think of the storm trooper?
    Thinking of getting one myself in the next two weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Straignt

So far so good, It looks savage and has great airflow and is very quite. It is very easy to use if this is your first build I would highly recommend it. It is massive so you'll have to have room for it.
    The only thing I am changing is putting on a transparent window and blue fans.

Advertisement