Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

does the O2 check you for alcohol?

Options
  • 07-03-2012 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hey i'm going to the drake concert in a couple weeks and i was just wondering what the situation was with alcohol in the o2? If i walk in with a can in my hand will they take it off me?
    If the answer to that question is yes, what about if i had a bottle of (what seems like) coke in my hand, would they take that off me?
    and if the answer to THAT question is yes, do they frisk you before going in? im thinking of putting a naggin of vodka down my pants or something haha but i dont want them to find it and then kick me out of the arena.. any advice from any frequent concert goers? it would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

P.S if a moderator is going to close my thread can they please direct me to the proper place to propose this question when they do so? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,432 ✭✭✭✭Victor

They are probably more worried about the container than the contents as any liquid container makes a formidable missile when thrown. Hence the cheap plastic glasses at many public events.

Oh, and smuggling drink is a bit desperate, isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭IslandKid

Victor wrote: »

Oh, and smuggling drink is a bit desperate, isn't it?

i'm assuming you've never been to the O2. from what people tell me, they charge like a wounded bull for liquor. also, we intend to be at the doors at at least 6, they open at 6:30, concert starts at 8 and we're going into town after that. im gonna need something to keep me sustained

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Eat a good breakfast. Far more beneficial than a load of alcohol. ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Not really a T&PA thread. Probably best suited to the Gigs and Events forum?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

faceman wrote: »
    Not really a T&PA thread. Probably best suited to the Gigs and Events forum?

the o2 checking for booze is not a gig or an event.

but i agree on the eating a proper breakfast.

locked.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement