Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comparative Modes you are studying for L.C. HL

• 07-03-2012 9:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭

Hey, i'm just interested to know what modes you guys are going to study for the HL Comparative (English) 2012. For the case of this poll, the following I will use the following abbreviations:

* GV - General Vision
    * T/I - Theme or Issue
    * LG - Literary Genre

Which modes are you studying? 25 votes

GV
    0%
    LG
    0%
    T/I
    4%
    Zomg Okay 1 vote
    GV + LG
    0%
    GV + T/I
    24%
    LaaurenfleeflyfloflumPictureFrameBubbleopeReventon93devilxangel 6 votes
    LG + T/I
    56%
    CanardBears and VodkaCoeurdepirateconlor27Boeing777FlabangavMysteriouschicSiobhnkWesc.stressedleaverTogepiSureYWouldntYaJonnyMcNameeK_1 14 votes
    GV + LG + T/I (All 3 modes)
    16%
    NamlubFreeFallin94hiyakeanofinality 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

LG + T/I
    We left out LG - yeah its probably gonna come up, but apparently its a load of waffle and our T&I and GV+V are pretty much the exact same with even more to write for GV+V, which is also meant to come up, so I dont mind :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

GV + T/I
    Patchy~ wrote: »
    We left out LG - yeah its probably gonna come up, but apparently its a load of waffle and our T&I and GV+V are pretty much the exact same with even more to write for GV+V, which is also meant to come up, so I dont mind :)
    Cool thanks, can you vote on the Poll above , thanks! ^^

I'm just trying to get a rough % of the amount of people going for each option, purely for the purpose of satisfying my need to know useless knowledge! :P

LG + T/I
    Done! :)

Haha yeah I'd say it'll be mainly my two and your two :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

T/I
    Voted LG, should have voted LG + T/I. My bad. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Doing literary genre and theme/issue just because I'm too lazy to write a general vision and viewpoint essay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

LG + T/I
    Voted! Doing theme or issue and general vision and view point. Just need to finish my notes on the theme. :)

Does anyone here prepare key moments answers as well as general ones or is there any need?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Literary Genre and Theme Or Issue. Wish we did GV&V tbh, Literary Genre is so boring to write about.

LG + T/I
    Togepi wrote: »
    Voted! Doing theme or issue and general vision and view point. Just need to finish my notes on the theme. :)

Does anyone here prepare key moments answers as well as general ones or is there any need?
    They can ask it like that which is reeeeally annoying, so I did an answer on it but got like a C because I couldnt think of enough. They generally seem to keep to the broadest possible "how did you come to understand it?" but you cant be sure I guess :/
    Namlub wrote: »
    Literary Genre and Theme Or Issue. Wish we did GV&V tbh, Literary Genre is so boring to write about.
    I think you could just talk about the theme and how it affects you - what we did as Theme was growing up in the third world and how its bleak, so our GV+V is how this bleakness affects the reader :)

LG + T/I
    They can ask it like that which is reeeeally annoying, so I did an answer on it but got like a C because I couldnt think of enough. They generally seem to keep to the broadest possible "how did you come to understand it?" but you cant be sure I guess :/

We did key moments and the general answers last year, but only general questions came up. They'd hardly only ask key moments though, would they?

I think our teacher last year told us to just focus on our favourite, so I just went for the general ones.

LG + T/I
    We did key moments and the general answers last year, but only general questions came up. They'd hardly only ask key moments though, would they?

I think our teacher last year told us to just focus on our favourite, so I just went for the general ones.
    Good point, but I tend to steer clear of the 70 mark ones tbh :P 30/40 is just so much better :D

• Advertisement

LG + T/I
    Good point, but I tend to steer clear of the 70 mark ones tbh :P 30/40 is just so much better :D

Whaaat?! Those ones are really hard! I end up writing way more for them but actually say less when I answer them. I always try to avoid them!

LG + T/I
    Whaaat?! Those ones are really hard! I end up writing way more for them but actually say less when I answer them. I always try to avoid them!
    They're so handy! You dont have to make any comparisons in the a part, and you can leave your best ones til the b part and then because you already have 30m you dont need to write as much :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

LG + T/I
    Well my teacher is giving us notes on all 3 but I'm only studying for the Theme/Issue and General Vision I don't like Literary Genre it seems more complicated and not as easy to remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭mcpaddington

Is everyone just putting together an essay and learning it off? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

LG + T/I
    I'm just learning points from the notes my teachers given.
    I might try and do a chart to compare/contrast them and be able to look at it quickly
    I'm learning verbs for each contrast and compare so I don't use the same words all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

GV + T/I
    why are so many people studying all 3 modes!? lunatics. :pac:

we did all 3 in class but i'm leaving out theme and issue cause i don't think it's gonna come up. :)
    so it's literary genre and general vision and viewpoint for me. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

GV + T/I
    They're so handy! You dont have to make any comparisons in the a part, and you can leave your best ones til the b part and then because you already have 30m you dont need to write as much :D
    O:
    they're meant to be marked really badly though. S:
    did you choose that option in the mocks? O:

Advertisement