Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

m11/m50

• 07-03-2012 9:13pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Not strictly a Wicklow forum question, but it is a route well known to those commuting from Wicklow to Dublin.
    Travelling north, there are exits 16, 15, and 13 - where is exit 14, or am I shortsighted?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

So I'm not bonkers then.
    I thought it was something to do with superstition (having a number 12 and 14 but no 13) but they just got it wrong :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

They did not get it wrong, there's just no exit northbound at that junction, only one southbound.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

slowburner wrote: »
    So I'm not bonkers then.

It's alright, I was wondering the same thing recently! What made it worse was when I questioned it people told me there was an exit 14 and I just didn't see it. :confused: The above clarifies all for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

I used to ask the same question about exit 8 which does't exist on either side so not sure why they jumped numbers? Maybe they planned to put an exit there at some point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,029 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

shinny wrote: »
    I used to ask the same question about exit 8 which does't exist on either side so not sure why they jumped numbers? Maybe they planned to put an exit there at some point.

there was originally a plan to build a new motorway from Dublin to Naas - the M7 which would've connected to the M50 at Junction 8. In the end the plan was scrapped and they upgraded the existing N7 instead.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

I noticed a tree house, high up a tree on the western side of the Glen of the Downs the other day. Anyone know if this a leftover from the protest or what's the story?

Advertisement