Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I got a Job !!!

• 07-03-2012 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

I got a job today after looking for work for the last 4 weeks....
    I've been signing on since October 2008 after i left my job because i was simply tired of it !! To be completely honest i never bothered looking for employment until last month and despite receiving letters from the local SWO trying to get me to do a sh1tty course that was all i ever heard from them. Now this may seem like i'm trolling but not so, i simply would like to point out that when i eventually decided that i wanted a job i had lined up 3 interviews in the last month and had an offer today which i accepted.
    The position i was offered is merely a sales rep with a reasonable wage and plenty of time for a social life so i'm well chuffed :). Before anyone jumps in and says you scrounged for 4 years i'll admit that i did but i worked bloody hard for 10 years prior to that (if that makes it any less acceptable)

Moral being, their is work their if you really want it

Hi ho Hi ho its off to work i go............

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

10 years of work = 4 years of acceptable scrounging?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Ricardo G wrote: »
    I've been signing on since October 2008 after i left my job because i was simply tired of it !! To be completely honest i never bothered looking for employment until last month and despite receiving letters from the local SWO trying to get me to do a sh1tty course that was all i ever heard from them. Now this may seem like i'm trolling but not so, i simply would like to point out that when i eventually decided that i wanted a job i had lined up 3 interviews in the last month and had an offer today which i accepted.
    The position i was offered is merely a sales rep with a reasonable wage and plenty of time for a social life so i'm well chuffed :). Before anyone jumps in and says you scrounged for 4 years i'll admit that i did but i worked bloody hard for 10 years prior to that (if that makes it any less acceptable)

Oi Happy, give my regards to Grumpy and Dopey:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

irish_goat wrote: »

I'm not saying it was the right thing to do !! but i did it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

Is it very cold and damp under the bridge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I hope Joan spots this one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

How did the interview go?

How did you explain the gap as they will have asked about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

but i worked bloody hard for 10 years prior to that (if that makes it any less acceptable)

Gynaecology?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭LCgonnakillme

Looking for a job for the last year. Even just retail or ANYTHING! But never hear back from anyone ever FML :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Sales Rep....I give it a couple of weeks before you're back on the dole...although by your logic you are only entitled to stay on it for a couple of hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

irish_goat wrote: »

Don't know, but i know people doing it all their lives. 4 years isn't too bad really.

• Advertisement

mikemac1 wrote: »
    How did the interview go?

How did you explain the gap as they will have asked about it

Interview was actually fine, i had major concerns re the 4 year gap tbh, i was honest and told them that i had lost interest in my previous job and that i did'nt fancy doing a Fas course as i felt i would'nt benefit from it. My previous experience in sales probably helped along with some good referees

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Sales Rep....I give it a couple of weeks before you're back on the dole...although by your logic you are only entitled to stay on it for a couple of hours.

Care to elaborate ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

4 years on the scratcher. You haven't bothered to better yourself in any way in 4 fcuking years!?! And now you have a sales job which you seem you'll coast along at for another 4 years...

...you're really reaching for the stars aren't you!?

All you've shown is a complete lack of ambition.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

there, dangnammit!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

their is work their if you really want it

Lucky for you it wasn't a job as an English grammar teacher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Interview was actually fine, i had major concerns re the 4 year gap tbh, i was honest and told them that i had lost interest in my previous job and that i did'nt fancy doing a Fas course as i felt i would'nt benefit from it. My previous experience in sales probably helped along with some good referees

So you told them you did nothing for 4 years and they were ok with that?:eek: What are you selling as a matter of interest and is it mostly commission based by any chance?

Bad Panda wrote: »
    4 years on the scratcher. You haven't bothered to better yourself in any way in 4 fcuking years!?! And now you have a sales job which you seem you'll coast along at for another 4 years...

I was quite happy to do nothing for 4 years, i was'nt bothered what people thought of me tbh, i was 1 in 400,000 !! Yes you may call it lack of ambition, laziness, scrounger etc but i enjoyed it and got a lot of things done that i would never have gotten done if i were working. I decided after Xmas that i'd had enough and it was time to do something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Flancrest

Sindri wrote: »
    Gynaecology?
    Probably the worst joke of all time.

boom!!!!!!!!!!!

In your face disgrace sucka!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe his only ambition was to have a cushy sales job. Who are you to say what heights he should be reaching for. It must be fairly comfortable in your ivory tower.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I got AIDS!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Atomicjuicer

Congrats dude.

Lucky for you it wasn't a job as an English grammar teacher.

hahaha this is a joke right ?

Flancrest wrote: »
    Maybe his only ambition was to have a cushy sales job. Who are you to say what heights he should be reaching for. It must be fairly comfortable in your ivory tower.

I guess it's fine if mediocrity is your thing. I just don't understand people who want to settle for it.

Ricardo,what did they say when you told them you did nothing for 4 years?Also,you say you got things done in these 4 years. What things?
    What are you selling in this job?What's the salary? Roughly?

I was quite happy to do nothing for 4 years, i was'nt bothered what people thought of me tbh, i was 1 in 400,000 !! Yes you may call it lack of ambition, laziness, scrounger etc but i enjoyed it and got a lot of things done that i would never have gotten done if i were working. I decided after Xmas that i'd had enough and it was time to do something

What did you get done as a matter of interest that you couldn't do while working?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

any yokes ?

Yes because it should be was'nt :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Probably the worst joke of all time.

boom!!!!!!!!!!!

In your face disgrace sucka!!!!!!!!!!

Ehhh....Yeeaahhhhhhhhhh........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Where's the joke? :confused:

• Advertisement

I guess it's fine if mediocrity is your thing. I just don't understand people who want to settle for it.
    You don't need to understand them. It's none of your business what his ambitions are.

forfuxsake wrote: »

Eh?

Ricardo!!! What are you selling?

Ricardo,what did they say when you told them you did nothing for 4 years?Also,you say you got things done in thise 4 years. What things?
    What are you selling in this job?What's the salary? Roughly?

28k salary, its an on the road job selling to the retail outlets.. The previous 2 interviews had an issue with the 4 year gap but as i stated previously i was honest with them and told them i wanted to take a break and get things done, i travelled a bit, i done up my house and watched my newborn baby grow up for the last 4 months

You don't need to understand them. It's none of your business what his ambitions are.

Well as long as he posts about them on a public internet forum, I think I'm entitled to comment. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Good on you and the best of luck,if you are happy does it matter to anyone else. Onwards and upwards!!!!

28k salary, its an on the road job selling to the retail outlets.. The previous 2 interviews had an issue with the 4 year gap but as i stated previously i was honest with them and told them i wanted to take a break and get things done, i travelled a bit, i done up my house and watched my newborn baby grow up for the last 4 months

Selling what?
    edit; You had a kid when you had no job? I know that doesn't make you unique but weren't you worried about how you'd provide for your family?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

4 years on the dole and you only started looking for work 4 weeks ago?

What an inspirational father you must be, and now you're a salesman! Even more of a reason to hate you.

Selling what?

Jesus man, does it matter what i'm selling ??? Do you want to know the colour of my eyes too?

They're green !!

Selling what?
    edit; You had a kid when you had no job? I know that doesn't make you unique but weren't you worried about how you'd provide for your family?

Electronic spell-checkers

Jesus man, does it matter what i'm selling ??? Do you want to know the colour of my eyes too?

They're green !!

Is it a secret?I'm just curious.

4 years on the dole and you only started looking for work 4 weeks ago?

What an inspirational father you must be, and now you're a salesman! Even more of a reason to hate you.

I'll sell you a bigger horse if your looking for one !!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I'll sell you a bigger horse if your looking for one !!
    If my what is looking for one?

Well as long as he posts about them on a public internet forum, I think I'm entitled to comment. :rolleyes:

Doubtful

deman wrote: »
    Electronic spell-checkers

Spanner and tool.......... thats not what i'm selling by the way ;)

your looking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Excellent.

Just excellent.

Doubtful

OK. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

forfuxsake wrote: »

No its not.

Sympathy in ah is like water and oil dont mix !!

No it's not.

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

Eh?

Ricardo!!! What are you selling?

What are you on about? :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement