Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking In Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital

Options
  • 07-03-2012 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭

Hi folks, can anyone tell me if about parking in Our lady Lourdes hospital, not from the area and I was there for the first time the other day. The wife is due to give birth there and have first scan on Monday. I was in emergency section other day and cost me something like 4 euro for less than 2 hours. I got talking to some guy there last day and he mentioned that there was a cheaper one nearby but was unsure where it was or how much. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,356 ✭✭✭positron

There's a larger car park outside the main hospital compound, which is about 3 mins to walk back from, but there's also a courtesy shuttle bus as well. Or you could park outside the main gates (street parking, normal council rates) if you see a free parking space.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Huawei Gallagher

I know this is an old thread, but people will still be reading this for parking info. There is NO SHUTTLE BUS to the big car park anymore.

http://www.independent.ie/regionals/droghedaindependent/lifestyle/courtesy-bus-from-hospital-to-car-park-cancelled-29880231.html

I had an very enjoyable walk there after a recent operation! :mad::mad:

Please remember your own treatment at the hands of the HSE when the elections come around!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

There is another private car park near the hospital I think it may be €5 per day. It is on the grounds of the old Garveys Cash & Carry, if you come out of the hospital and are at the crossroads facing the grave yard, the Hospital car park is up to your left the private car park is go straight through the crossroads down the Twenties (grave yard on your right) the car-park is on your left behind the old army hall.

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.7234051,-6.3561554,471m/data=!3m1!1e3

If you are driving from the North road drive past the hospital carpark and take a left at the crossroads, car-park on left

• Registered Users Posts: 51,922 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Parking in the hospital carpark for any length of time can be very expensive, a rip-off actually. I know someone who had to pay over 30 euro for being there for a few hours while her mother was dying.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Mrs W

There's a car park at the Drogheda utd ground too, we always parked on the side street right beside the side entrance. The other one was too far for me to waddle!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭uli84

hi, attending out patient apt on Wednesday, where would be best/best value to park? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Huawei Gallagher

uli84 wrote: »
    hi, attending out patient apt on Wednesday, where would be best/best value to park? thanks

Cheapest is If your appointment starts before normal visiting hours, park on the street on the Windmill Road (going uphill northbound on N1, take right fork in the road at mother hughes pub. Narrow one way street of 1 storey terraced houses.Walk uphill, hospital entrance on right (turn right at the smokers wearing robes :) ).

If no parking on Windmill road (or if you just want to park in the cheaper large hospital car park), proceed up windmill rd. and turn left, big hospital car park on right, PAY BEFORE YOU LEAVE HOSPITAL! (sometimes there is nobody in the hut to collect money)Its a short walk away and not attached to the hospital property. Big car park can also be reached by staying on N1, passing mother hughes, and take the next right after the petrol station.

Be warned, do not continue up windmill road, and through the cross at the graveyard, if you park on street past the graveyard your car may be at risk (big carpark has security) First hand talked to someone, they burned his car.

If you have trouble walking there is limited car parking at the hospital itself, expensive though.

https://www.google.ie/maps/place/Mother+Hughes/@53.719696,-6.3566861,18.04z/data=!4m13!1m7!3m6!1s0x486739f55ccbf591:0xbac38c78d413248b!2sWindmill+Rd,+Moneymore,+Drogheda,+Co.+Louth!3b1!8m2!3d53.7218203!4d-6.3561665!3m4!1s0x0:0xa56f4a527cbf22a7!8m2!3d53.7199393!4d-6.3566664 )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Found out too...if you are in the children's a and e,you can park in the small carpark on the hospital grounds and ask the triage nurse to stamp on way out and it's free..
    Just a FYI 😉

Advertisement