Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Student Nursing/Midwifery

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 supermom085

Hi all

I am just wondering if someone could mail me on a copy of what the test looks like, i am a bit nervous of the maths section

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dedede

hi there if any one has done the pre nursing test, for the mature nursing exam in april, if you could help me out and let me know what is on the paper,or e mail me it if you dnt mind .i would be greatfull..realy worried about the maths. im a mam with 4 kids,and ive allway wantd to be a nurse.now my kids are geting older i though id try get in. thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Guys if you pm me your email address I can send you on some sample questions, I sat the test last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 flora 86

Hi all would love to know some things about the nursing studies in gti,has any1 done it?i heard something about maths what kind of maths?is it hard?ill be a mature student and wanna pass this,ill be sending my application in some time this week..oh and the interview ..tips please thanks:)

siobhan c wrote: »
    Hi everyone, so the results are out on friday, sooooooo nervous!!! dont think i done too well at all! being a nurse has always been a dream of mine and would be over the moon if i got high enough marks to get in!! but there is always next year spose! good luck to everyone xx
    is there an exam before you get accepted 4 nursing in gti please help..

• Advertisement

dedede wrote: »
    hi there if any one has done the pre nursing test, for the mature nursing exam in april, if you could help me out and let me know what is on the paper,or e mail me it if you dnt mind .i would be greatfull..realy worried about the maths. im a mam with 4 kids,and ive allway wantd to be a nurse.now my kids are geting older i though id try get in. thanks :)
    i did not know there was a test before getting in for nursing,is there one for gti?

Hi all

I am just wondering if someone could mail me on a copy of what the test looks like, i am a bit nervous of the maths section
    send me 1 too,have no clue wat to expect help i would love to get into nursing at gti

i would also like to know this and does a pre exam happen in gti?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Hi Flora86.

I assume you are applying to GTI, Galway Technical Institute for this FETAC nursing course: http://www.gti.ie/courses/course/detail/course/GTI-009
    Usually there are no tests beyond the interview for a place on this course but check directly with GTI.

The tests the others on this thread are talking about are for the 4 year nursing degree courses through the colleges and Institutes of Technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SMcD87

LadyE wrote: »
    Guys if you pm me your email address I can send you on some sample questions, I sat the test last year.

Hi, I've just been following this thread and would love if you could assist me and also send some examples of questions you had last year as I have no idea what to expect!

Thank you!

I tried to PM you me Email address but it said your inbox was full :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 dedede

hi all, could someone help me ive applied to the adelaide hospital, iv got sent out a form to fill and send back,could anyone tell me do they still do the interview, if so would someone be able to give me an idea of what question they ask. thank you.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CdoubleU

Hi guys, Im looking for a bit of advice really, Im thinking of applying for UCD midwifery next year, I will be going in as a mature student at 23, but ive no science/nursing background or anything like it! I didnt even do biology in school as geog was easier and at the time, I didnt know what I wanted to do.

I would be looking to commute up and down DAILY from Wexford and was just wondering has anyone else done the course and know what the workload is like? Also on placement days, do you do that around the course? As I might be able to car share with someone else going for a different course but obviously that would be no good to me if I had to go from college straight to the hospital?

Also im very confused with the aptitude test? I see everyone saying maths comes up in it but I dont really see where maths comes into it all? Ha and also because I have no nursing background, am I even likely to get into the course? I have a strong interest in the subject, just nothing to back it up? Im also very keen to get it started as its a 4year course!

Thanks for all your help in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Triona00

Hi could someone tell me do student nurses need to buy textbooks or are u given notes for the modules? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Marvel80

Triona00 wrote: »
    Hi could someone tell me do student nurses need to buy textbooks or are u given notes for the modules? Thanks.

Generally everything is put on blackboard or your university equivilant, nurses prob need a good surgical medical nursing book & anatomy & physiology book, the college usually recommend those & even then the library would have copies.

Thanks for your reply. I am just trying to find out how much I will need to start the course like books etc. Do u have any idea about the cost of these books?

Thanks for your reply. I am just trying to find out how much I will need to start the course like books etc. Do u have any idea about the cost of these books?

Those books could be €40-60? You can prob get them all 2nd hand thou & I advise don't buy until after you start as they will recommend ones

Would books be the only cost when u start?

Would books be the only cost when u start?

Shoes and a fob watch for placement uniform is paid for. Then the regular stuff like stationary, print credit, food travel expenses parking permit if you need one.

Thats great info thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 bombardier29

Hi,

Would you please send me the sample questions if you have the still. I have no idea what to expect for the test.

Regards
    Anu

• Advertisement
Advertisement