Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

L.C History project

• 07-03-2012 10:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭

I realise this is well trodden ground on the boards website, but my question is not a " 2 weeks to go, what to do? " I'm currently in fifth year but have been advised to start considering possible topics for next year. Really I'm just looking for a bit of guidance, so far I have come up with - Partition - The Noble Experiment, The IRA Hunger Strikes, Kevin Barry and why and how he became involved in The IRA at such a young age and finally The Berlin Wall( mainly because of the possible title " The Rise and Fall of The Berlin Wall) Metaphorically and otherwise!

What do ye guys think?:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

buyer95 wrote: »
    I realise this is well trodden ground on the boards website, but my question is not a " 2 weeks to go, what to do? " I'm currently in fifth year but have been advised to start considering possible topics for next year. Really I'm just looking for a bit of guidance, so far I have come up with - Partition - The Noble Experiment, The IRA Hunger Strikes, Kevin Barry and why and how he became involved in The IRA at such a young age and finally The Berlin Wall( mainly because of the possible title " The Rise and Fall of The Berlin Wall) Metaphorically and otherwise!

What do ye guys think?:D
    The Kevin Barry title sounds really good imo.. You'd need to keep it short and to the point though because it would be very easy to go off on a tangent about the IRA in general. Just curious, what is the general experiment? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

The Kevin Barry title sounds really good imo.. You'd need to keep it short and to the point though because it would be very easy to go off on a tangent about the IRA in general. Just curious, what is the general experiment? :p

I think you may have misunderstood what I meant. " The Noble Experiment "
    was what the right wing (mainly Protestant) idealist referred to Prohibition as. They believed what they were doing was for the good of society and The US in general.

Thanks for your thoughts on Kevin Barry. I am very interested in him and his life, but I'm slightly worried about finding sources eg books on him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

buyer95 wrote: »
    I think you may have misunderstood what I meant. " The Noble Experiment "
    was what the right wing (mainly Protestant) idealist referred to Prohibition as. They believed what they were doing was for the good of society and The US in general.

Thanks for your thoughts on Kevin Barry. I am very interested in him and his life, but I'm slightly worried about finding sources eg books on him
    Yeah I dunno why I said the General Experiment :pac: All of your topics sound interesting but most are probably too broad. Kevin Barry and his life in the IRA sounds like your best option and I'm sure you would be able to fid at least three sources! Just my opinion though, it's important that you have a genuine interest in your topic because it will show in your essay and help grab the examiner's attention :)

Advertisement