Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game on Steam is £8 for UK

Options
  • 07-03-2012 10:29pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭

Football Manager 2012 is currently on a sale on the Steam website, £8 for those in the UK.... €20 for Ireland. How is that even justifiable, it's a f***ing download for christ's sake!

Do you think I could just get someone in the UK to buy it for me (you can gift people games) it would work? I resent being ripped off like that :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Do you think I could just get someone in the UK to buy it for me (you can gift people games) it would work? I resent being ripped off like that :mad:

Yeah, I reckon that would work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

This happens a lot on steam, sometimes the US or UK get the better deal sometimes the euro gets the better deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

90% of the time the UK get the best deals though. And the poor Aussies get the worst of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Can't you just buy the key elsewhere and then activate it in Steam ?

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2824781

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Can't you just buy the key elsewhere and then activate it in Steam ?

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2824781

Yes you can, People sell steam keys on ebay (usually for older games) for usually a great deal cheaper then what they cost to buy on steam.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Seen this for a few games. My workaround is simply having a US or UK buddy to buy and gift it to me, and pay them separately. Likewise if there's a better deal their way.

Always check www.steamgamesales.com to compare prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

do youse know that this thread is almost 2 years old!!!!!

Advertisement