Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone locally have a Windows XP Media Centre recovery disc to lend?

Options
  • 07-03-2012 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭

I'm attempting a re-install of Windows XP Media Centre with a recovery disc but its scratched to bits so it won't work. System keeps hanging.

Would anyone have a lend of an XP Media Centre Disc so I can get this thing done.

Not interested in Windows 7 as the computer is an old spec and won't be up for the challenged of all the services windows 7 runs!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I forgot to mention - its a Dell computer and I have a license key for it. So it's literally just the re-install disc I need. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

I have a dell laptop at home, I'll check this evening to see if I have any of the recovery discs to hand. I'll let you know later.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

pretty sure i have xp installation disc somewhere here. i'll give you a shout if i find it.

Cheers guys - it is specifically the Media Centre edition I need. I do have both Home and Professional version install discs - the license key for the particular machine is Xp Media Centre, so not as common as the others mentioned. But it would be great if you had a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

I've a reinstallation DVD for windows xp media center edition 2005 with update roll up 2. Any use?

• Advertisement

Perfect - PM sent for contact

Advertisement