Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TriAthy 2nd/3rd June

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

If your in the wrong age group leave as is. We can sort it out in the results. All results on the day or provisional so if your in the wrong one and you actually feel you've won in your own we can sort it out afterwards.

Make sure to start in your wave as chips have been set and the wrong wave will leave you at least 10 min out time wise all the chips in that wave will be recorded with the same start time !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Is it possible to change waves prior to the event? I assume S1 is first, S2 is second and so on...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Waves are done by age group so unless you're in the wrong age group I'd imagine you have to stay put.

Yep changes can't be made. Chips etc have been coded to waves and can't be changed this late.

Not all age groups will fit in the same wave thus the spill over into different waves:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Yep changes can't be made. Chips etc have been coded to waves and can't be changed this late.

Not all age groups will fit in the same wave thus the spill over into different waves:)

Ah I see, I just didn't want to be the last person out of the water... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭NeedsTraining

S6 for me.
    Gavin Noble down for that wave also, is he going to do it?

I reckon I'll take him (with a handicap of 17 mins)

Just hope this god damn stomach bug is gone by the weekend.
    Had a bug at the very same time last year in the run up to Athy :confused:

Ah I see, I just didn't want to be the last person out of the water... :(

Thats no big deal, i've been there. Someone has to be and i was proud that i got to the end of the swim:)

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭d4r3n

Is that how those few M40-44s slipped into S10 or was that by special request? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

S10 for me which from what i gather is the last one!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭El Director

S5 for me with BTH and Fazz (presume Fazz is not doing the sprint now?) So a good 5 wars ahead of Bambatta means I should get across the line ahead of him :) The site may be slow for sure but fair play to Elvis and and all his correspondence here on boards and for setting up our own prizes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭El Director

According to his twitter feed Noble is out for this weekend.

Just a reminder for anyone who has to get a one day licence, you must get it by midnight tonight 31/05. No licence..................no race.

d4r3n wrote: »
    Is that how those few M40-44s slipped into S10 or was that by special request? ;)

Thats it:D

S5 for me with BTH and Fazz (presume Fazz is not doing the sprint now?) So a good 5 wars ahead of Bambatta means I should get across the line ahead of him :) The site may be slow for sure but fair play to Elvis and and all his correspondence here on boards and for setting up our own prizes!

Thanks,

Its a big fundraiser for our club and if your happy your more likely to return to race next year.

if your racing pop of to me and say hello:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

According to his twitter feed Noble is out for this weekend.

He pulled out of the run in Madrid at the weekend. This is hardly surprising news.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

He pulled out of the run in Madrid at the weekend. This is hardly surprising news.

+1 he was down at the UL Arena yesterday morning with Bryan Keane I can only assume he is down for some physical therapy as they hardly came all the way down for a swim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭boccy23

Is registration open on Friday evening?

Anyone know how quick results are usually available for this race? Will we receive a text with our results? As its my Athy debut I don't know whats the norm down there, and with the number of waves the clock at the finish line aint going to be much help except for those doing the double.

boccy23 wrote: »
    Is registration open on Friday evening?

Yep,

At Athy GAA club from 19:00 to 22:00 :)

Anyone know how quick results are usually available for this race? Will we receive a text with our results? As its my Athy debut I don't know whats the norm down there, and with the number of waves the clock at the finish line aint going to be much help except for those doing the double.

I'll have your finish time on handheld unit at the end line all going well. Within 2 sec of you crossing the line your info comes up in front of me with name and finish time. Also the guys doing the chips normally have a 32" tv with results on them as the day goes on.

Yes i do believe you'll get a text afterwards.

• Advertisement

Nice one Elvis. Do you have a day job as well or do you just sit on this thread replying to all our questions??

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Last year they had a setup where you could get your time, with splits, on a printout.

Nice one Elvis. Do you have a day job as well or do you just sit on this thread replying to all our questions??

Of course i have a day job..........i don't do much but i'm here:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Cheers for answering all the questions Elvis.

Quick question re transition one. I haven’t tried the elastics on pedals trick. I’ve cycling shoes rather than tri, which makes slipping feet in more difficult.
    So is it best to stick the shoes on in T1 and hobble out of transition? or run barefoot and stick shoes on after exiting T1?

Oryx wrote: »
    Last year they had a setup where you could get your time, with splits, on a printout.

Yes all is running smooth they can do it:)

nerraw1111 wrote: »

Quick question re transition one. I haven’t tried the elastics on pedals trick. I’ve cycling shoes rather than tri, which makes slipping feet in more difficult.
    So is it best to stick the shoes on in T1 and hobble out of transition? or run barefoot and stick shoes on after exiting T1?

If yout not confident having the shoes on the bike and haven't done it before i wouldn't try it on race day.

I would ask others who have also raced to comment on this also.

Its about 30m to 150m from your bike to the mount line depending on where you are............BUT the longer it is out of T1 the less you have to run coming into T2.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

You mean, you wont have the shoes on the bike? If thats the case, put em on in T1 and hobble. Otherwise youre carrying them, and get in the way at the mount line as you put them on.

If you are going to attempt a mount with the shoes on the bike, practice beforehand. I had a guy nearly wipe me out starting the bike in Limerick when he went all over the road trying to get his feet into his shoes on the bike.

Do what you have practiced. If you are talking about running bare foot and carrying the shoes, you'll likely be faster running in the shoes, as to stop again at the mount line to put them on sounds like it would be slow, and there will be dozens and dozens coming out behind you so you're likely to cause an obstruction there too.

Oryx wrote: »
    You mean, you wont have the shoes on the bike? If thats the case, put em on in T1 and hobble. Otherwise youre carrying them, and get in the way at the mount line as you put them on.

If you are going to attempt a mount with the shoes on the bike, practice beforehand. I had a guy nearly wipe me out starting the bike in Limerick when he went all over the road trying to get his feet into his shoes on the bike.

Yes i'd agree with that, the area with bikes has carpet and you'll be on tarmac for a max for 50 metres.

Marshalls will move you if you try that so i wouldn't in case you cause a pile up.

There is a 90 degree turn close to mount line so not a safe place to do that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Cheers folks.

My practise involves putting on the shoes outside my front door and cycling away. I wasn’t sure what the done thing is when shoes are not attached to the bike.

Advertisement