Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TriAthy 2nd/3rd June

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Clum

Anyone know how quick results are usually available for this race? Will we receive a text with our results? As its my Athy debut I don't know whats the norm down there, and with the number of waves the clock at the finish line aint going to be much help except for those doing the double.

In the last few years (this is my 4th year heading to Athy!) there's been a tent or van with a tv set up in it where you could enter your race number and it would show your splits. You could also print this out.

Just be aware that while your times will be correct your finishing position may not be, depending on how quickly you access this information. There may be lads in your age group who have started in waves later than you and still racing that are not accounted for.

The text you receive after the race is over should be correct though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Clum wrote: »
    In the last few years (this is my 4th year heading to Athy!) there's been a tent or van with a tv set up in it where you could enter your race number and it would show your splits. You could also print this out.

Just be aware that while your times will be correct your finishing position may not be, depending on how quickly you access this information. There may be lads in your age group who have started in waves later than you and still racing that are not accounted for.

100% spot on:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Excellent Clum, cheers. Hoping for something like that alright. Those printouts are a great job after races actually. There are later AGers so I might give it 10-15 minutes after I finish before going looking for my time so they'll be included too. Cheers.

Can i just say there will be a big que at certain times to print out you times. you just punch in your number and out thye pop:)

It will be at the van beside where you enter at bike check.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 maeve2

I got the email and information pack. I'm assigned to Wave O1 but I can't find anywhere what order the waves start in. Is O1 the first wave at 10am or the last wave? It's my first Olympic tri and I'm concerned about when I should eat before the race. Advice is 2 hours before start but there could be a big difference between starting at 10am or starting at 11.30.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Last year the waves started in numerical order so I think it would be safe to say you'll be first in.

maeve2 wrote: »
    I got the email and information pack. I'm assigned to Wave O1 but I can't find anywhere what order the waves start in. Is O1 the first wave at 10am or the last wave? It's my first Olympic tri and I'm concerned about when I should eat before the race. Advice is 2 hours before start but there could be a big difference between starting at 10am or starting at 11.30.

Ya Maeve you'll be 1st in.

Race briefing, leave transition and within 30 min you'll be in the water:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 maeve2

Ya Maeve you'll be 1st in.

Race briefing, leave transition and within 30 min you'll be in the water:)

Thanks guys. I'm half looking forward to it and half dreading :). it Best of luck with all the organising.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

Elvis are the sprint waves decided yet?

I've only ben getting emails about license reminders - should I have got an email/welcome pack with wave details?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭mickmc7

mrboswell wrote: »

I've only ben getting emails about license reminders - should I have got an email/welcome pack with wave details?

Cheers.
    Yeah, all the info is up on the site and I got a mail this evening confirming my wave number.

• Advertisement

mrboswell wrote: »

Cheers.

Check your spam folder, it can sometimes add mails with attachments to the spam folder.

All waves are on the web site.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Crane Fly

Took a swim up the river there this evening and coming back down my hand hit a bloodly big rock at the bottom of the river at one stage....well I hope thats what it was (just before the boat club in beside the rope). Other than that seems to be a nice enough swim, nice, shallow and fast on the way back...close to the shore on the way up though, still a bit of a flow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

Didn't get a mail (checked the spam) but found my name - S6.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭damo80

O6 for me. First one too and I'm racing with Gavin Noble!! Then he pulls out....I reckon I psyched him out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

Ok so Bryan Keane obv the favourite, and it is him.

What are chances of a certain F1 driver racing as the F1 circuit descends on Dublin for a display...?
    Safe to say he won't be doing the sprint as he's busy on Sunday...
    Here's hoping...

He's a low 2 hour triathlete so could be well up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Fazz wrote: »

What are chances of a certain F1 driver racing as the F1 circuit descends on Dublin for a display...?

that would be class :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭s_gr

Doing my first sprint triathlon Sunday and did swim athy last week, found the swim tough.

Any tips for a first timer in relation to transitions etc.

s_gr wrote: »
    Doing my first sprint triathlon Sunday and did swim athy last week, found the swim tough.

Don't panic, keep it simple, know exactly what you want to do and have it practiced.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

s_gr wrote: »

In the swim, relax. Concentrate on sighting and your stroke.

Transition tips here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Rawhead

I'm in wave 7 so that means 70 minutes of standing around in a wetsuit on a warm morning while the nerves do their work. Bit of a balls me thinks.

• Advertisement

Ok so Bryan Keane obv the favourite, and it is him.

Safe to say he won't be doing the sprint as he's busy on Sunday...
    Here's hoping...

The plot thickens.....!

http://t.co/PN2W7vjm

The plot thickens.....!

http://t.co/PN2W7vjm

He'd want to put a set of pedals on it fair sharpish so...

Yeah I heard he had a Scott plasma, but if anything may be on an S Works Shiv now I'd say.
    Guess we can hope anyway!

He must have heard you.....

http://t.co/DYWAv8aO

The signs are strong, elite athletes and TI/Vodafone tweets are pointing towards it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Rawhead wrote: »
    I'm in wave 7 so that means 70 minutes of standing around in a wetsuit on a warm morning while the nerves do their work. Bit of a balls me thinks.

Is not 60 minutes? i.e. wave two is 10.10, wave 3 10.20, wave 4 10.30, wave 5 10.40, wave 6 10.50, wave 7 11.00? (Just in case you miss it!)

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Clum

Elvis, any idea what the new Double swim course is?

The Event Info Guide says the start has been changed to the exit ramp.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Rawhead wrote: »

Just take your wetsuit out of transition and get changed later?
    I'm in S7 and that's what I'll be doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

Great point above, i didnt even think of that. Carry the wetsuit to the start is the way to go so. Im off in Wave 6 of olympic.

First Olympic and getting nervous now.

Elvis, any idea what the new Double swim course is?

The Event Info Guide says the start has been changed to the exit ramp.

Thanks.

No sorry i was over this morning just ironing out some final details. I'll be away from set up now until 5:30 in the morning.

Good luck to all and enjoy..................

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

jester1980 wrote: »
    Great point above, i didnt even think of that. Carry the wetsuit to the start is the way to go so. Im off in Wave 6 of olympic.

First Olympic and getting nervous now.

In the same boat and wave.

An hourly wave of butterflies in the stomach. I'll be the one pulling a wheelie out of transition if I get through the swim.

Advertisement