Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TriAthy 2nd/3rd June

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Just a reminder that all bags and boxes must be removed from transition, only the amphabia gear bags are allow. All other bags and boxes must be moved to the sides or out of transition.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭damo80

nerraw1111 wrote: »
    jester1980 wrote: »
    Great point above, i didnt even think of that. Carry the wetsuit to the start is the way to go so. Im off in Wave 6 of olympic.

First Olympic and getting nervous now.

In the same boat and wave.

An hourly wave of butterflies in the stomach. I'll be the one pulling a wheelie out of transition if I get through the swim.

Snap!! O6 seems to be the first-timer wave :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

Just a reminder that all bags and boxes must be removed from transition, only the amphabia gear bags are allow. All other bags and boxes must be moved to the sides or out of transition.

are zoot transition bags allowed as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

What can we bring in to transition to hold shorts, t-shirts and runners?

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭d4r3n

What can we bring in to transition to hold shorts, t-shirts and runners?

You leave them on the ground beside your bike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Good luck to everyone racing this over the weekend. Enjoy it folks! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Much of a kick back?

d4r3n wrote: »
    You leave them on the ground beside your bike

But like if it's windy... or if they get moved aside by accident? No bags at all? Not even small ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,399 ✭✭✭fletch

Gona head over to cyclesuperstore tomorrow to grab a belt...just wondering are these worn in the water with the number attached, i.e. is the race number water proof or do you just pop them on after the swim?

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

Nah hang it beside your bike, not for the swim.

On your back for Cycle and Front for run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

fletch wrote: »
    Gona head over to cyclesuperstore tomorrow to grab a belt...just wondering are these worn in the water with the number attached, i.e. is the race number water proof or do you just pop them on after the swim?

I always wear it under the wetsuit. One less thing to think about in T1. Each to their own though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

I always wear it under the wetsuit. One less thing to think about in T1. Each to their own though.

+1 wear it under the suit. One less thing to think about in T1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭El Director

Best of luck to everybody tomorrow, organisers and racers alike, especially you newbie's, go out there and enjoy it! :cool::)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Best of luck to everybody tomorrow, organisers and racers alike, especially you newbie's, go out there and enjoy it! :cool::)
    Best of luck to all racing jenson button tomo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

jester1980 wrote: »
    Im off in Wave 6 of olympic.

First Olympic and getting nervous now.

snap:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Best of luck to those out there tomorrow. I might try to fly out with some cake but it's unlikely. :)

Have fun. To all the really cool people racing on Sunday. Don't beat me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

What time is the olympic starting? I cant get on to the website for some reason. I wonder if my daughter will forgive me if I miss her birthday so I can see Jenson:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

If anyone has a valve adapter doing the double OLY seek me out as I can not pump up the rear with the disc cover on with my own pump. I will be the short handsome guy with a P2 and wearing activ gear (think zip firefighters) :)

If anyone has a valve adapter doing the double OLY seek me out as I can not pump up the rear with the disc cover on with my own pump. I will be the short handsome guy with a P2 and wearing activ gear (think zip firefighters) :)

Do you want them to find you or not? No use lying if you want help!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

I'll be down around 8 if that's any good will try find you.
    Not sure what time double starts.
    Joe lynch has a disc so he may have one anyway and is doing double Olympic also.

Sleep time !

• Advertisement

Good luck all.

Daz1214 wrote: »
    are zoot transition bags allowed as well?

No i've been told only amphabia

Sorry i couldn;t mention about Jenson..............it should be F1 sorry i mean A1 tomorrow;)

I still have to do a gig before it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

No i've been told only amphabia

ok, race pack says transition bags but if its only amphibia then it seems slightly unfair...ill ask the marshals Sunday mornin...thanks mate

Did anyone save a copy of the event guide?? If so could you upload it somewhere for me to download - can you attach PDFs on boards? The website is gone down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Is there online tracking anywhere doe anyone know?

Uploaded event guide here - https://docs.google.com/document/d/10ln2PdOVeXNAhqgcEzZ4CV3Bg8u6v-bqX-Zo-e2zzBs/edit

Boards is attaching docs at snails pace...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Bambaata wrote: »
    Is there online tracking anywhere doe anyone know?

Haha, you and your fancy European race ideas ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

mloc123 wrote: »
    Haha, you and your fancy European race ideas ;)

worth a shot :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Triathlon Ireland are giving some updates on twitter but it seems to be mainly all about Jenson Button.

Advertisement