Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TriAthy 2nd/3rd June

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

I saw those times too and thought they looked a little too fast. There not challenging the top few though so I doubt anyone who could change the results will notice.

One of them finished ahead of me. So I'm up to 27th overall!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

tunney wrote: »
    Shouldn't be bags in transition, or boxes anyways, regardless of brand.

Didn't hear the song :) Cheers though :)

not blaming the suit entirely!

Agreed, these new "transition bags " are going to be a problem all season !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Agreed, these new "transition bags " are going to be a problem all season !

I don't know why people think they need so much **** in transition..

Runners, helmet, number belt and sunglasses... that's it.
    Bike shoes clipped in already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

mloc123 wrote: »
    I don't know why people think they need so much **** in transition..

Runners, helmet, number belt and sunglasses... that's it.
    Bike shoes clipped in already.

What about skin moisturiser and exfoliating cream for after the swim?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭BennyMul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

BTW where the Irish junior females racing last weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭El Director

They were, well two that I know of, Maedbh Hurst and Emma Sharkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

My report

think dcrainmaker long.......

Couple of reports here too.

Not as entertaining as Tunneys I'm afraid..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

i think a couple of lads might have taken a right instead of a left :)

I was thinking that one of them could be in with a chance to join Cragg in London :D

• Advertisement

peter kern wrote: »
    BTH you seem to forget a few athletes.
    aoife l is not sitting at home doing nothing ;-)
    jennifer d
    katie C the sprint champs
    and Amy w will show up too a couple of times. and her swim is still in a different league.
    and joyce w still trains more than the girl that came third in the olympic race on sat ...

judith l is the duathlon champ
    sinead r
    ellen m is not getting slower either
    and I was really impressed y day by andree w. who came 2nd that girl is a fighter and there is defo more to come from her.
    and there is this pb 3 hobby athlete that wasnt firing due due busy work and social commitments.
    and even in the boardies there is that girl that has all the ingredients to become a super athlete.
    and i am sure I missed 1 or 2 .

Ah, I wasn't forgetting anyone. I know Vanessa hasn't raced Aoife or Jennifer yet this year and was beaten by Jennifer O'Connell in Limerick. But she's had a very strong start to the season. Once Aoife and Jen Duffy get back on the scene it'll be very interesting to watch, and our own Boardsie put in an impressive swim and run split on Sunday too. Its shaping up nicely.

In saying that there are a few guys who haven't shown their face yet this year either. No sign of Aodh O'Neill or Kevin Keane yet, with Wayne Reid only showing up this weekend for the first time and racing the double. Just more guys to push me further down the rankings :mad:
    IMO VF is not at the standard AL & JD were last year. Basing this solely on my own scientific analysis..called the chicked protocol. Last yr i got chicked by both AL & JD at every race..this year i have not been chicked by VF at the 2 races i have raced were she has also raced. Now unless i have improved in the off season or the standard is not as high this year. Chick scien:Dce is proven theory.Fact

I love the science behind this. Should be included in that other thread. Actually more data to back up this theory!!!
    mloc123 wrote: »
    Where is Elana? I have not seen her name at a race in.. 18months?

34th place in the mini marathon yesterday went to Maslova E in 41:14. Could be a coincidence....

She also took part in a relay in Brian Boru last year with Shotguns "technician" doing the swim and some bloke :rolleyes: doing the bike!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Here's my report for anyone interested: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79039819&postcount=358
    Its a long one im afraid, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

No text either but results online, and medals only for AG winners.

there was medals for all the try-distance finishers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭littlemsfickle

Ah, I wasn't forgetting anyone. I know Vanessa hasn't raced Aoife or Jennifer yet this year and was beaten by Jennifer O'Connell in Limerick. But she's had a very strong start to the season. Once Aoife and Jen Duffy get back on the scene it'll be very interesting to watch, and our own Boardsie put in an impressive swim and run split on Sunday too. Its shaping up nicely.

In saying that there are a few guys who haven't shown their face yet this year either. No sign of Aodh O'Neill or Kevin Keane yet, with Wayne Reid only showing up this weekend for the first time and racing the double. Just more guys to push me further down the rankings :mad:

I love the science behind this. Should be included in that other thread. Actually more data to back up this theory!!!

34th place in the mini marathon yesterday went to Maslova E in 41:14. Could be a coincidence....

She also took part in a relay in Brian Boru last year with Shotguns "technician" doing the swim and some bloke :rolleyes: doing the bike!!

Was talking to Wayne Reid after Athy - I think he's concentrating on Roth in 5 weeks time.

Howdy all,

Now that the dust has settled on TriAthy 2012 i'm looking for any feedback negative or positive.

As i've said before our club raises a lot of funding from this race so whatever we can do to make it better we'll try to do.

So if you could e mail me at sales@apollodjs.ie that would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

What's the story with the Try finishers medals? do we have to email you guys if we didn't get one??

What's the story with the Try finishers medals? do we have to email you guys if we didn't get one??

Ya just pop an e mail to the website contact and you'll get sorted. I beleive they know the last person who got one so all after that will get one:)

I wanna a medal

I wanna a medal

Only if you smile and are positive for 24 hrs............

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭griffin100

I wanna a medal

No you don't, you'll probably only drop it on your foot and be out of action for a fortnight.........

• Advertisement

griffin100 wrote: »
    No you don't, you'll probably only drop it on your foot and be out of action for a fortnight.........

Oh you guys know me so well..............

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Briando

Howdy all,

Now that the dust has settled on TriAthy 2012 i'm looking for any feedback negative or positive.

As i've said before our club raises a lot of funding from this race so whatever we can do to make it better we'll try to do.

So if you could e mail me at sales@apollodjs.ie that would be great.

Security was lax at times around transition. On the Saturday and there was random people in there wandering around. When people have up to 5k of gear in there, awards were being done, kids everywhere and nobody checked me as I walked in and took a TT bike and other gear out of there.

I'm from Athy. Its a ****ehole, people will rob your stuff just for kicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Briando wrote: »
    Security was lax at times around transition. On the Saturday and there was random people in there wandering around. When people have up to 5k of gear in there, awards were being done, kids everywhere and nobody checked me as I walked in and took a TT bike and other gear out of there.

I'm from Athy. Its a ****ehole, people will rob your stuff just for kicks.

Oh ye i forgot to mention this in my e-mail. Also noticed this at the time

Just wondering how many people here had family/friends in transition with them and how many times did you hear me asking for non athletes to get out...........it was a bloody nightmare at times:(

I asked one guy to go out the way he went out on the bike and was told in two words where to go with the 2nd being off..........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

In fairness over the PA just informs people. If the guys at the entrance dont enforce that you're fighting a losing battle. When i was entering once i showed my chip and number and he almost laughed at me as though he was surprised id even bother show "credentials". They were letting everyone in regardless at the end.

Bambaata wrote: »
    In fairness over the PA just informs people. If the guys at the entrance dont enforce that you're fighting a losing battle. When i was entering once i showed my chip and number and he almost laughed at me as though he was surprised id even bother show "credentials". They were letting everyone in regardless at the end.

Agreed, but you'd be amazed.........some people tried to bring their dogs into transition and weren't happy when we said no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

When I went back to collect my bike it was there on its own & there wasn't a marshall or triathy steward in sight. I could have been anybody taking that bike & nobody checked me on the way out.
    I did a triathlon in Germany a few years ago & they have proper security checks over there. After the race when you want to leave transition with your bike, you have to show your race number, the race number sticker on your helmet & then they compare it to the race number sticker on the bike. This obviously prevents theft but it also prevents a competitor taking another competitors bike. Also under no circumstances are you allowed in to the transition area if you don't have a race number. This is the way the big races like Athy should be looking to go.

PWEI wrote: »
    When I went back to collect my bike it was there on its own & there wasn't a marshall or triathy steward in sight. I could have been anybody taking that bike & nobody checked me on the way out.
    I did a triathlon in Germany a few years ago & they have proper security checks over there. After the race when you want to leave transition with your bike, you have to show your race number, the race number sticker on your helmet & then they compare it to the race number sticker on the bike. This obviously prevents theft but it also prevents a competitor taking another competitors bike. Also under no circumstances are you allowed in to the transition area if you don't have a race number. This is the way the big races like Athy should be looking to go.

This is something i will pass on with a bih NB beside it as i understand the value of the gear involved.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Races I've done abroad put a number strap on your wrist. You don't get in or out of transition unless youre wearing it. Your bike and helmet must carry your number and these are inspected and checked against your strap as you leave. Unless Athy bring in better security like this sooner or later they will have a big theft problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

When transition opened on Sunday a guy walked in an was scouring the ground where gear was and he walked along all the spots so I followed him round and he just walked out. He was def not competing and I could be wrong but I reckon stuff could well have been lifted.

Whatever way you look at it all gear is pricy and maybe consider stickers with entry numbers issued and you can't leave transition with anything unless it has your number on it.
    But that being said when I walked out with my bike they looked at the number on my hand and said ok. I could have easily put a 4-digit number in my right hand walked in wearing runners, shorts and t-shirt pick a bike and walked straight out.

Its a problem everywhere that entry and exit is not controlled - not unique to this event.

Advertisement