Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TriAthy 2nd/3rd June

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Oryx wrote: »
    I'd claim sabotage, except the only person I ever threaten is the marshal who cant go home till I finish.

A good Trilogy member ????? ( if its my wife go ahead, keep her there all night )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

tunney wrote: »
    JB will be doing well to get over the stall into T1 to rack up.

Have you tried on that wetsuit yet:) Places selling out fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Have you tried on that wetsuit yet:) Places selling out fast.

I'm sure he could manage without a wetsuit anyway..

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

This is turning into another smack talk thread. Yay.

Just been informed there are only 45 places left in Olympic, no more spaces will be made available after this.....................no place to put you in transition:D

About 200 odd left in the Sprint and Try !

Oh and if you register send me race, projected time and name..................might be worth your while;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

what time would you need to leave Dublin (M50) to get there in time for registration and then the 9.30 briefing ?

miller82 wrote: »
    what time would you need to leave Dublin (M50) to get there in time for registration and then the 9.30 briefing ?

Well its aobut 40 min and there will be close to 1000 people there on the sat morning which makes it busy getting into the town.

Registration closes at 8 if i remember correctly as those marshalls are needed elsewhere.

Its a 10 min walk from registation and car park to transition and with the bike check there can be a que there as well so give lots of time is my advice.

I'd say after 6.

Well its aobut 40 min and there will be close to 1000 people there on the sat morning which makes it busy getting into the town.

Registration closes at 8 if i remember correctly as those marshalls are needed elsewhere.

Its a 10 min walk from registation and car park to transition and with the bike check there can be a que there as well so give lots of time is my advice.

I'd say after 6.

OUCH !!

Jesus i'm going to be balooba's after about three pints afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mon one

Is there an age limit for the tryathy - I have a son who would like to do it - hes 12. He has covered the distance before and completed two similar events.

OUCH !!

Its just to be on the safe side in case of traffic problems etc. We have to get the double out earlier so all has to run to time and transition will close once the briefing is done. Race mats will be live as well

• Advertisement

mon one wrote: »
    Is there an age limit for the tryathy - I have a son who would like to do it - hes 12. He has covered the distance before and completed two similar events.

Yes sorry he's too young for this event.

We did have an event to suit his age in Laois a while back, Trilaois.

There is a Jr Sprint but thats 16 to 19.

OUCH !!

I have a wedding the day before and a 90 minute drive to get there. And Im doing the double. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

mon one wrote: »

Maybe this could suit the weekend beforehand. Its only an aquathlon for children of that age, but theres always a good turnout for the kids races. Surprised theres still places available actually.

Edit: Adding the link would help http://fingaljuniorsprint.3dtri.com/

Maybe this could suit the weekend beforehand. Its only an aquathlon for children of that age, but theres always a good turnout for the kids races. Surprised theres still places available actually.

Edit: Adding the link would help http://fingaljuniorsprint.3dtri.com/

Great idea !

I have a wedding the day before and a 90 minute drive to get there. And Im doing the double. :p

clap.......................clap.......................clap...................clap;)

clap.......................clap.......................clap...................clap;)
    Nobody likes a smartarse. :D

Nobody likes a smartarse. :D

Ya its a good thing i'm not like that. I better keep the music down and say nothing when Tunney is around;)

Ya its a good thing i'm not like that. I better keep the music down and say nothing when Tunney is around;)
    Oh, so he has entered then?

Oh, so he has entered then?

Not yet........................

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mon one

Thanks -

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭kingQuez

Anyone know if triathy allow race transfers? (I've emailed the organizers to check, just curious if they have in the past).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

PM elvis jones he has connections.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

tunney wrote: »
    Placings being

#1 JB
    #2 MCOS
    #3 Mr Tango
    #4 Tummy

Missed this (busy work week)... Interesting smackdown....

So will JB pass shotgun, Tango, Tunney and Oryx on the bike or the run? :D Didn't Tango win Hardman last year? Surely he is the pencil head here...

kingQuez wrote: »
    Anyone know if triathy allow race transfers? (I've emailed the organizers to check, just curious if they have in the past).

Yes i believe they can up to May 25.

There is a contact on the site you should use. I know they are crazy busy at the moment but will sort you out if possible.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Yes i believe they can up to May 25.

There is a contact on the site you should use. I know they are crazy busy at the moment but will sort you out if possible.

How does that work money wise? I assume you've to pay the extra? I've been flitting with changing to the olympic. Sprint isn't well timed for me...

How does that work money wise? I assume you've to pay the extra? I've been flitting with changing to the olympic. Sprint isn't well timed for me...

You have to pay the difference, i know as of the middle of the week there were on 45 places left in the olympic. You'd need to do the contact through the site and the race director will get back to you about how to do it ( if there is a place left )

Many Oly places left now Elvis ?

has anyone got a reply from triathy at any stage?

i sent an e-mail 18 days ago and still havent heard a word yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

A quick 5 min scan over the who's in shows some interesting reading...
    The Favourites...

Sprint:

Bill McCormack
    Noelie Kavanagh
    Scott Graham

Olympic:

Stephen Early
    David Richardson
    Paul Carroll
    Neal O Grady
    Brian Keane (thought he used a Y but maybe not)
    Alan Ryan (the ironman major, 2nd at double Oly in '11)

Double Olympic

Joe Lynch
    Brian Campbell
    Mariusz Olenicjak
    Wayne Reid
    Colm Sheahan

Savage Double Oly top 5 right there eh!!
    Gotta be a close finish...

Then there's the boardsies on here battling it out hoping to challenge for strong placings...

Sprint
    Bambaata
    El Director
    BetterThanHoyte/whatever's left of his legs :D
    Courdelion

Olympic
    BetterThanHoyte (Fresh)
    Me

Double Olympic
    ShotgunMcos
    JackyBack
    Tunney? - not in yet...
    Mr Tango???

I know I've missed loads of names I don't know so please add in..

Nearly time for a table I'd say... :D

• Advertisement

i'm in sprint but hopefully get into Olympic if they get back to me

Advertisement