Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TriAthy 2nd/3rd June

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Whats the bike route like for the sprint? I gather it's fairly 'easy'? The run doesn't seem to be very popular...

Ya the bike is out and back, roads are good well. The end is tricky as its a 90 degree turn and dismount 25m after that so you need to be slowed down well.

Not everyone likes the run, some of it is on grass at the start and the end is tight on a path but is nice as its along the river !

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Ya the bike is out and back, roads are good well. The end is tricky as its a 90 degree turn and dismount 25m after that so you need to be slowed down well.

I turn like a viking ship. Will this be a problem? :pac:

I turn like a viking ship. Will this be a problem? :pac:

No there will be lots of warnings and it will be mentioned in the briefing, a wide turn isn't a problem at all just take it slow and all will be fine !

Ha I'm only messing. I'm gunna just sit behind amphibian king and take him on the run. Give 'im a false sense of security. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

Ha I'm only messing. I'm gunna just sit behind amphibian king and take him on the run. Give 'im a false sense of security. :D

Drafting is strictly prohibited... ;) :eek: :D

10 metres so bring your measuring tape and hook it onto him :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I actually do turn like an oil tanker, with as much risk of a bad spill. So regardless of draft rules, do give me a wide berth. :p

EJ, do the sprinters have to do that tight turnaround out on the course?

Fazz wrote: »
    Drafting is strictly prohibited... ;) :eek: :D

10 metres so bring your measuring tape and hook it onto him :pac:

Yep the plan is to stay exactly 11 metres behind. Then jog upto him on the run for a little chat. People hate when you chat to them when they're dying. :cool:

Lure him into a false sense of security and let him think he might be in with a chance in BOTE if I only beat him by a whisker in Athy.

*better get out cycling on those hills myself :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

Yep the plan is to stay exactly 11 metres behind. Then jog upto him on the run for a little chat. People hate when you chat to them when they're dying. :cool:

Lure him into a false sense of security and let him think he might be in with a chance in BOTE if I only beat him by a whisker in Athy.

*better get out cycling on those hills myself :rolleyes:

Beast of the east is what, 8 ish weeks away?
    You'll be grand. Epic course and a real atmosphere and buzz about it.
    No excuse not to ride the course though, it's only up the road a bit!
    It's really just the hills back from around 22k-38k that would be handy doing and preparing for.
    The first one is literally easiest gear in the cassette and out of the saddle.

I think I may cycle up for some quality pics and video's at that point actually :D

They've uploaded a video to their site of the bike course, but done from a car and at speed it doesn't give you a real sense of what it's actually like. Did sally gap three times in April/early May but haven't done a proper spin since the bank holiday weekend :o Will do BOTE route a couple of times before the big day though.

Looking at the results from last year there's a severe lack of females doing BOTE :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Looking at the results from last year there's a severe lack of females doing BOTE :eek:
    It'll make it easier for you to podium!!!

• Advertisement

It'll make it easier for you to podium!!!

Do they let you on the podium when you finish in the bottom three? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

folks, whats the surface like from T1 to bike mount and then from dismount to T2 ?

Thanks

miller82 wrote: »
    folks, whats the surface like from T1 to bike mount and then from dismount to T2 ?

Thanks

Basic tarmac, there should be carpet down but the wind loves to blow it all over the place !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

cool, so barefoot from dismount to T2 shouldnt be too difficult

miller82 wrote: »
    cool, so barefoot from dismount to T2 shouldnt be too difficult

Should be fine, we'll be sweeping that area on the friday when final set up is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

did the transitions there last year barefoot with no probs at all

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Crane Fly

Has anybody an idea what the run for the double olympic is? Took a look on the website but couldn't make head nor tail of it. Is it along the barrow track out and back?

Crane Fly wrote: »
    Has anybody an idea what the run for the double olympic is? Took a look on the website but couldn't make head nor tail of it. Is it along the barrow track out and back?
    Didn't do it last year but it was the same route as the Oly but with an extra, short bit added in halfway down the trail. Presume they did the route twice. *waits for Elvis to reply*

Oryx wrote: »
    Didn't do it last year but it was the same route as the Oly but with an extra, short bit added in halfway down the trail. Presume they did the route twice. *waits for Elvis to reply*

Poo i was talking to the race director this morning and meant to ask him.

I know info pack will be ready by the weekend so if i don't have an answer by then you'll see it.

If anyone needs to swap race etc please contact via the website NOW as come the weekend they need to get the waves all sorted and it might not be done as they have been swamped with swaps.

As of this morning there are 5 places left in Olympic and 80 in the Sprint so still time to sign up if you haven't.

Poo i was talking to the race director this morning and meant to ask him.

I know info pack will be ready by the weekend so if i don't have an answer by then you'll see it.

If anyone needs to swap race etc please contact via the website NOW as come the weekend they need to get the waves all sorted and it might not be done as they have been swamped with swaps.

As of this morning there are 5 places left in Olympic and 80 in the Sprint so still time to sign up if you haven't.

Can I change my Sprint place to the Olympic race? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Can I change my Sprint place to the Olympic race? :rolleyes:

Yep, loads of people changing. I'd say its more Olympic to sprint.

Grand so,

I'll also need to change my Olympic entry to the Sprint race.

Can you let me know when thats done.

Cheers :D

Grand so,

I'll also need to change my Olympic entry to the Sprint race.

Can you let me know when thats done.

Cheers :D

Just use the contact us section on the website, it will be done but could take a few days.

I'm waiting for someone to change from double olympic to try a tri :D

I'm waiting for someone to change from double olympic to try a tri :D

Tunney will be along in a minute.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Any chance of a live tracker to keep up with all the boardsie action this year?:)

Izoard wrote: »
    Any chance of a live tracker to keep up with all the boardsie action this year?:)
    Just get elvis to send his live commentary to an online feed.

What? you're not coming along to support us?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

What? you're not coming along to support us?

With this good weather, I'm getting very envious about all these events coming thick and fast...voyeurism has limited appeal after a while...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

The thought did cross my mind.

How's the current looking at the moment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭handangeo

With this good weather, I'm getting very envious about all these events coming thick and fast...voyeurism has limited appeal after a while...:(

Hey - you not doing Athy??? Crikey you have retired after your early season exploits :confused:

Advertisement