Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TriAthy 2nd/3rd June

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Oryx wrote: »
    Just get elvis to send his live commentary to an online feed.

Really is that a good idea with some of the abuse i give on the mic:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Is there many places left on the Try/sprint distance?

Is there many places left on the Try/sprint distance?

As you Tuesday there were 80 places in the Sprint and roughly the same in the the Try.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Quickest route to get here from Dublin for those of us who can't legally drive on the motorway? :pac:

Quickest route to get here from Dublin for those of us who can't legally drive on the motorway? :pac:
    Carpool?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Out the old Naas road and go through Naas & Kilcullen. Should be nice and quiet at that time of day.

Use the AA routeplanner and selct 'avoid motorways'.

Let me know if you get lost so I don't spend the race looking over my shoulder biggrin.gif

Carpool?

Are you offering? :D

Yeah might go for that though.
    Out the old Naas road and go through Naas & Kilcullen. Should be nice and quiet at that time of day.

Use the AA routeplanner and selct 'avoid motorways'.

Let me know if you get lost so I don't spend the race looking over my shoulder biggrin.gif

Don't worry, you won't be looking aver your shoulder anyway it'll be more a case of ''how far ahead of me is she?" :cool:

Are you offering? :D

I'm going on my own anyway :(

And there I was trying to be helpful with directions so you'd have no excuses :)
    Don't worry, you won't be looking aver your shoulder anyway it'll be more a case of ''how far ahead of me is she?" :cool:

Looks like the smack talk thread has been moved to here :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭El Director

So Elvis....today is the day, reveal all please (within reason of course ;))

• Advertisement

So Elvis....today is the day, reveal all please (within reason of course ;))

noooooooooooooooo tomorrow, today is the final day to send me your details and if you want to makes changes this is the last chance.........

noooooooooooooooo tomorrow, today is the final day to send me your details and if you want to makes changes this is the last chance.........
    When's the final day to enter the races? Can't find them on the site!

When's the final day to enter the races? Can't find them on the site!

Tomorrow it looks like for all except Try as they are all but full and it will allow waves etc to be done up.

Tomorrow it looks like for all except Try as they are all but full and it will allow waves etc to be done up.

Just sent you a PM

Do you need predicted times as well as the names? Think I PM'd the names. I'll PM the times so RQ has no way of planning an assault.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

What do you want peoples details for? Just curious as I'm doing Athy also.

Do you need predicted times as well as the names? Think I PM'd the names. I'll PM the times so RQ has no way of planning an assault.

Ya need times !

PWEI wrote: »

What do you want peoples details for? Just curious as I'm doing Athy also.

A mysterious competition !

I'm bringing nutella cake and choc biscuit cake. It's only being distributed to people who don't beat me.

Just sayin'

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I'm bringing nutella cake and choc biscuit cake. It's only being distributed to people who don't beat me.

Just sayin'
    Yay! I get cake!

• Advertisement

Oryx wrote: »
    Yay! I get cake!

I'm sure you'll be finished by Sunday morning! :eek:

Just sayin'

You win!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

weather forecast for next is to be pretty much the same as this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭mickmc7

Daz1214 wrote: »
    weather forecast for next is to be pretty much the same as this weekend
    The water today for swim athy was beautiful, not cold in any way and that was my first open water swim.Bike and run in that heat should be fun.

Ya about 200 there i think, i was working elsewhere so missed it.

I'm meeting the race director in the morning so any questions let me know now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

when are the race packs with waves and times being sent out?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭iMac Hunt

Just wondering if anyone who did the swim this weekend can confirm how deep the river is, I saw earlier in the thread that it's around 4 and half feet deep and on the website says the deepest part is about 1.5 meters. Have entered the Triathy and wouldn't be the strongest swimmer so even 400m seems like a lot! Will probably just stay near the bank at the back of the pack.to be on the safe side.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭mickmc7

iMac Hunt wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone who did the swim this weekend can confirm how deep the river is, I saw earlier in the thread that it's around 4 and half feet deep and on the website says the deepest part is about 1.5 meters. Have entered the Triathy and wouldn't be the strongest swimmer so even 400m seems like a lot! Will probably just stay near the bank at the back of the pack.to be on the safe side.
    I stood in the middle of the river today waiting on the start and I could comfortably feel the bottom. It's not deep at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

mickmc7 wrote: »
    The water today for swim athy was beautiful, not cold in any way and that was my first open water swim.Bike and run in that heat should be fun.

not cold you say, nice one, hopefully more of the same next Saturday. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭bombidal

anyone scout this recently or any thoughts from last year. Heard the course is not good

Advertisement