Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK sim card

Options
  • 08-03-2012 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, quick question, I'm an ignoramus when it comes to this stuff.

Can I get a sim card in northern ireland (without buying the mobile) and just put this sim into my Irish mobile (a pay as you go).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I fyour phone is unlocked then yes...but you mention that your phone is pay as you go which would leave me to believe that it's network locked. If this is the case then it wont work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

I fyour phone is unlocked then yes...but you mention that your phone is pay as you go which would leave me to believe that it's network locked. If this is the case then it wont work.

Cheers. So I guess I can ask in a vodafone store, or just put a different network sim into it to find out if it's network locked?

Editing to say that I found out I needed to get a NAC code from Vodafone, applied online for it and they said i'm eligible for it, and are sending it on to me via email.

Advertisement