Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how do i get a temp work permit for belgium

Options
  • 08-03-2012 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

i only want to work for my self over there for 6 months and i see on some web site that there 3 different types of permit and it could take up to a year to get but unfortunately my ship will have sailed by then,i need 1 asap as im starting to work for my self over there on the 1 of april,could any 1 help me out on some info how i can get a quick fix or a temp permit which will not cost me much,thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If you are an EU citizen, you won't need one. If you aren't, you might be much better off making contact with a Belgian immigration lawyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 sky 1

Victor wrote: »
    If you are an EU citizen, you won't need one. If you aren't, you might be much better off making contact with a Belgian immigration lawyer.

i am an eu citizen,but i think i need a permit to be tax compliant or something,any info on this

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

You will only become tax resident in Belgium if you stay there for 183 days (over 1 year, or another number over 2 years). Otherwise you still pay tax in Ireland.

So, if it's a short contract: just go over and do the work. Then send them a bill as normal. If you are both vat regd then you don't need to charge vat for intraeuro exports.

Oh: you REALLY do not want to be come tax resident in Belgium btw :D

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You may be confusing things. If you live for a time in Belgium, you may need a residence permit from the town hall or similar. Have a look here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76488545

Advertisement