Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

International Women's Day

• 08-03-2012 1:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

March 8th according to the Google doodle is International women's day.

So happy International Women's day to the "wimmins" on boards and all woman kind, including yerr MAHs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

It starts with one day and before you know it it's a couple of days a week then 'uh-oh' it's every day of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

It starts with one day and before you know it it's a couple of days a week then 'uh-oh' it's every day of the year.

It already is a coupla days a month with most women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

let them have their one day. we get the other 364

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

When is international slightly overweight men who spend too much time in front of the computer day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

International Woman's Day. Just another excuse for a bitchfest.

• Advertisement

Thank you i will celebrate in the buff and by eating mainly ice lollies cause i can :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

That's sexist that is! why should women only be allowed one day of the year!!??

:)

Hasmunch wrote: »
    When is international slightly overweight men who spend too much time in front of the computer day?

Dec 25th ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

International Women's Day known otherwise as 'Look pretty and don't say anything day'
    That's sexist that is! why should women only be allowed one day of the year!!??

:)

It's the one day of the year we allow women to voice their naive opinions on complex issues like the economy and politics without correcting their childish simplistic views rather than on the mechanics of ironing or the art of sammich making. :)

You should be happy you live in such an egalitarian and tolerant society.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

• Advertisement

Sindri wrote: »
    It's the one day of the year we allow women to voice their naive opinions on complex issues like the economy and politics without correcting their childish simplistic views rather than on the mechanics of ironing or the art of sammich making. :)

You should be happy you live in such an egalitarian and tolerant society.

you're right. i'm glad I have this opportunity.

Yay another thread/excuse for women bashing havent had one in like err two mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Pacifist Pigeon

Yay another thread/excuse for women bashing havent had one in like err two mins

... because women are a minority group in Ireland today.

I've decided, as a gesture of gratitude and consideration, with today being International Women's Day not to ejaculate onto my favourite prostitutes face today. :)

A fine attempt at a gesture of equality if I may say so myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

balls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Sindri wrote: »
    I've decided, as a gesture.....

My gesture will be to get up in the morning and have 5 showers. Wash my hair 8 times. Wrap the towel around my head in that fancy way only women can do.

Then, after breakfast, I will put on make up, high heels, tight knickers, tight clothes, put on more make up using the rear view mirror in the car, go to the shops for the day and find nothing but force myself to buy something which will be returned because my bum will look big in it.

Then in the evening I will complain about my feet but not complain about the high heels. I will then watch all the soaps and 'talent' shows. Then in respect of the 'time of the month' I will have a bit of a weep and ring my non existent boyfriend and give out about something.

I'm dead.:pac:

cúnt

I'm dead.:pac:

I guess I must be a man so.
    Except for the tight knickers :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

So how does this work? Is it like a big mothers day? Do we women get to put our feet up for the whole day and let the men do all the work? Boy I would love to see this! Oh and flowers... we always want flowers (no carnations)

ihsb wrote: »
    So how does this work? Is it like a big mothers day? Do we women get to put our feet up for the whole day and let the men do all the work? Boy I would love to see this! Oh and flowers... we always want flowers (no carnations)
    good question

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andree-simon/why-international-womens-_b_1327967.html
    International Women's Day has a very real meaning. For women everywhere in the world who continue to face discrimination from those in power, who are the victims of violence, and who are taught by society from the day they are born that they are inferior to others, it is a reminder that they matter. That their voices are important. That they have the right to be heard, despite what their governments, society, or families tell them.
    More than anything, International Women's Day is a call to sisterhood, to stand with those still fighting for their rights. Here in the United States, the long struggle for equality is not the work of one woman. It takes the support of many women, each contributing in her own way, to move our collective forward. This is true for women everywhere. Each of the women WfWI serves in countries like Afghanistan and Iraq, South Sudan and the Democratic Republic of Congo relies on the support of a "sister" in another country, someone she has never met but who is there for her as she learns about her rights and develops the skills to be able to rely on herself. When women join together with a common goal, they are able to bring changes to their communities that would have been nearly impossible for one woman to do alone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Babybuff wrote: »
    balls
    The first one was better.

Johro wrote: »
    The first one was better.

I'll try again later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

International Woman's Day. Just another excuse for a bitchfest.

Shut up and make me a sandwich :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

'International Women's Day has a very real meaning. For women everywhere in the world who continue to face discrimination from those in power, who are the victims of violence, and who are taught by society from the day they are born that they are inferior to others, it is a reminder that they matter. That their voices are important. That they have the right to be heard, despite what their governments, society, or families tell them.
    More than anything, International Women's Day is a call to sisterhood, to stand with those still fighting for their rights. Here in the United States, the long struggle for equality is not the work of one woman. It takes the support of many women, each contributing in her own way, to move our collective forward. This is true for women everywhere. Each of the women WfWI serves in countries like Afghanistan and Iraq, South Sudan and the Democratic Republic of Congo relies on the support of a "sister" in another country, someone she has never met but who is there for her as she learns about her rights and develops the skills to be able to rely on herself. When women join together with a common goal, they are able to bring changes to their communities that would have been nearly impossible for one woman to do alone.'

One day seems a little stingy.

So....no presents then?
    here, I present you with the gift of happiness. enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

I am going to DEMAND presents God damn it. I will get penis shaped chocolates and orchids and the day will be all about me!

here, I present you with the gift of happiness. enjoy

How very dare you!? I'm a woman,i'm capable of making my own happiness,without men!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

ihsb wrote: »

It is suppose to highlight women's issues, for example 100 million women suffer genital mutilation, every minute a woman dies giving birth usually from lack of proper care and the list is endless, a woman's lot is still not a happy lot.

So just give them flowers and chocolates and lots of sex and shorten the list of chores for her to do when she come in from work.

• Advertisement

How very dare you!? I'm a woman,i'm capable of making my own happiness,without men!

I haven't used the rolleye emoticon yet.

Aye but what will you do it if the shelf breaks and you've nowhere to put it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

I haven't used the rolleye emoticon yet.

Neither have I

Neither have I

ever? never ever ever? if I scroll through your post history will I find a rolleye?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Every day is women's day ;)

• Advertisement

ever? never ever ever? if I scroll through your post history will I find a rolleye?

I think you may find 2.

Btw I thought you got I wasn't being at all serious

I've never used one, ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I think you may find 2.

Btw I thought you got I wasn't being at all serious
    Originally Posted by Babybuff viewpost.gif

The sisterhood is tearing itself apart, stop it, stop it, you 2 are ruining international women's day for the world.

I've never used one, ever.

Ok

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Bad enough that they're allowed to vote and wear skirts above the ankle but now they have a whole day dedicated to them? This is getting out of hand.

44leto wrote: »
    The sisterhood is tearing itself apart, stop it, stop it, you 2 are ruining international women's day for the world.
    I'm just so proud of the fact that I've never had to use a rolleye. makes me well up inside, cuz I'm a woman y'know. That's just how we roll.

and I really didn't want to have to wade through sun's post history.

That's just how we roll.

Not doing something isn't a way of doing that something.

amacachi wrote: »
    Not doing something isn't a way of doing that something.
    I don't know what I wasn't doing to begin with but I'm glad you agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Aquila wrote: »
    Whens'a Your Dolmio Day?:pac:

Tuesday, always a tuesday.

I don't know what I wasn't doing to begin with but I'm glad you agree.

Rolleyes, that's how you roll, not using rolleyes. Never mind!

amacachi wrote: »
    Rolleyes, that's how you roll, not using rolleyes. Never mind!

you so want to use a rolleye now don't you

you so want to use a rolleye now don't you

Nah I don't care enough right now to be indignant or annoyed :pac:

yah, I'm making tea :pac:

happy international wimmens day

I'm just so proud of my pie that I prepared for my husband.

That's just how we use a rolling pin.

and I really didn't want to have to wade through sun's post history because I'm a Wimminz and I's can'ts reads goodz.

I edited you post for humorous purposes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement