Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iOS 5.1

• 08-03-2012 2:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,944 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Ward670

Having the "enable 3G" option is nice to have. Saves my battery seeing as my home and job both lack 3G coverage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

When I access the camera from the lock screen, then close the camera app, I get the location arrow, and that's fair enough but when I check location services it says the camera hasn't checked location in the last 24 hours..... Weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,944 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

My home screen is going funny when I hit the camera button. The button doesn't work and the screen just jumps around.

Edit, push it up - yes I am an idiot:)

Wifi or 3G browsing? If its the former definitely not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

I'm interested in this too as the battery in my 4s is brutal compared to my old 4. Your battery life above though seems worse than mine. I went from 100% to 98% with 28 mins usage and 37 mins standby when browsing. Left it on overnight and it's now at 90% with 1hr 19mins usage and 8hrs 52mins standby. I guess thats ok but wonder why the usage increased so much overnight. I wonder is it the push email and notifications? I keep Bluetooth and location services off. Wifi on. Only got 2 mails overnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Downloading it now on my ip4

Ward670 wrote: »
    Having the "enable 3G" option is nice to have. Saves my battery seeing as my home and job both lack 3G coverage

Where is this switch? I don't seem to have it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

biko wrote: »
    Downloading it now on my ip4

Do you have to do that through itunes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Do you have to do that through itunes.
    No, if you have iOS 5 you can now download the software update from the phone if connected via wifi
    Neowin.net wrote:
    Make sure your iOS device has at least 50% charge
    Connect to WiFi (You can't download this over 3G, sorry)
    Navigate to Settings -> General -> Software Update
    Click install update and wait for it to download
    Your iPhone will automatically restart and apply the firmware. This takes around ten minutes.
    Your iPhone will reboot and appear to be applying again, this will take around five minutes.

• Advertisement

Hmm not there for me. Just have mobile data button which was always there. Three must have disabled it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I like that they now allow you to delete photos from the photo stream. They should have allowed this from the start! Now I can finally delete the stupid accidental photos and screenshots I'm prone to taking!

Other than that, apart from the camera shortcut always visible, I don't see any difference.

Hmm not there for me. Just have mobile data button which was always there. Three must have disabled it.
    Yea Im on Vodafone. I stuck in a three sim card and the option disappears

3G browsing is a bigger battery drain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

That's really bad!

I now have 90% battery and have 32 min usage and 2 hours 30 standby. That's with Bluetooth enabled and connected to car kit for hour and 3G enabled.

when i got my 4s first the battery was brilliant. anywhere from 28 to 35 hours on a single charge. in the past month i'm now getting 24-26 hours. my usage habits havent changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭ArklowHoop

when i got my 4s first the battery was brilliant. anywhere from 28 to 35 hours on a single charge. in the past month i'm now getting 24-26 hours. my usage habits havent changed.

Since I took my phone off charge,I've been browsing here for about 20mins and I've used 4% battery connected to wifi!

It seems a slight improvement!

Also it's good to have the 3G switch back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,489 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

For an iTouch G4 user I can't see anything new apart from the camera button on the lock screen.

I've noticed the Bluetooth icon stays on the status bar on the home screen now regardless if it's paired or not. Like this on my iPad, not on my 4S though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

JoeA3 wrote: »
    I like that they now allow you to delete photos from the photo stream. They should have allowed this from the start! Now I can finally delete the stupid accidental photos and screenshots I'm prone to taking!

Em, I could always do that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Dodge wrote: »
    I would say from the Camera Roll, yes. But the iCloud Photo Stream, we couldn't before the update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Dodge wrote: »

Not from the Photostream album you couldn't.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

What's the permanent camera option? I'm not updating to 5.1 but interested in what this is!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

antodeco wrote: »
    What's the permanent camera option? I'm not updating to 5.1 but interested in what this is!
    AFAIK, it just means the camera icon will always be available on the swipe screen - not just when you double-click the homebutton in lock mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭runman

Lads,
    I have the the current software and when i try and dowload the iphoto app in the apstore its telling me that i havent ot IoS 5... anybody else come across this problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Just deleted a photo from photo stream - says that "This will only be removed from photo stream on this device"

So does that mean the photo still exists on iPad photo stream for instance?

Advertisement