Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iOS 5.1

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Mine just seems to have started working again by itself. Hopefully it stays that way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

catch--22 wrote: »
    Having the smae problem with mine. Keep getting the below pop up (10 times a day approx) and it keeps saying my number is 'verifying'

AoBhA-TCIAMWIa3.png
    Best thing to do is turn Facetime & iMessage off for 24hrs and reset network settings then turn them back on again. It's to give the servers a rest as your number keeps contacting the server and can be perceived as a hacking attempt which blocks your ID/number out. That's what a apple manager told me to do before and it worked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

It seems 5.1 is pushing updates to the app store app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Tbh I thought I noticed that since 5.0 update???

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

mad muffin wrote: »
    It seems 5.1 is pushing updates to the app store app.
    Are you sure? Not working for me.

• Advertisement

bucks73 wrote: »
    Tbh I thought I noticed that since 5.0 update???

I nevered noticed before 5.1 but now it happens frequently.

Are you sure? Not working for me.

It's on my 4, 4S and iPad 2.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Are you sure they are being pushed? The App Store automatically checks for updates once a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Maybe thats it. I never noticed it on my 3Gs but have the 4S now for about a month and noticed it would notify me of updates from time to time but not always.

Are you sure they are being pushed? The App Store automatically checks for updates once a week.

It seems since updating to 5.1 it's been popping up updates.

You get a notification from the App Store? Or from the app that there's an update for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭pfurey101

Oh dear, 4GS battery usage seems to be taking a hit since the upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

My phone4 battery is very bad since the upgrade. Used to get the day from a full charge at least. Now I have to charge it about 5pm. Have not changed usage or settings :(

Battery life on my 4S is great. Getting 6-8 hours usage and 2 days standby time.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Has anyone else noticed that if you have 3g disabled, but do a hard reset switch the phone off and on again 3g automatically switches on?

I wonder if this is a feature, for say - find my iphone, or a bug?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

After setting up the other half's 4s when I send her an iMessasge its my Email address that comes up not my number any ideas??:confused:

I've reset the network settings on both phones still the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

luzon wrote: »
    After setting up the other half's 4s when I send her an iMessasge its my Email address that comes up not my number any ideas??:confused:

Go to settings > Messages > Receive at and click your Apple ID at the top of the page. Choose sign out and then disable iMessage and then re-enable it. Your messages should now send properly.

brophs wrote: »

Go to settings > Messages > Receive at and click your Apple ID at the top of the page. Choose sign out and then disable iMessage and then re-enable it. Your messages should now send properly.

Still no luck just says awaiting activation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Still no luck just says awaiting activation.

Try doing what I said right up until you deactivate iMessage. After you deactivate it turn the phone off. Turn it back on and try the rest of the steps.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Lackagh1970

I have done all that on numerous occasions but still not working, how long does it take Apple to sort out this issue....I have just switched mine off as was being charged few times a day just to activate and then it kept switching off

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Lackagh1970

I am wondering ismine not working coz my 083 number is showing on top of settings>phone but my number is actually an 086 one, but I cant edit the 083 number, any advice??

• Advertisement

I am wondering ismine not working coz my 083 number is showing on top of settings>phone but my number is actually an 086 one, but I cant edit the 083 number, any advice??

After reading on the Apple forums I think its a carrier issue i'm with 48. I tried Herself's Meteor sim and it worked fine so that add's up i'll be onto 48 tomorrow about it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Is the battery life on 5.1 worth up dating from my jailbroken iOS 5.0.1?

On a 4s here, but I've heard some mixed reports from people regarding the battery life only being marginally better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

eeloe wrote: »
    Is the battery life on 5.1 worth up dating from my jailbroken iOS 5.0.1?

On a 4s here, but I've heard some mixed reports from people regarding the battery life only being marginally better?

the only help to battery life that 5.1 brings imo is the return of the enable 3g switch. i'm on wifi 95% of the day and by turning off mobile data and 3g i triple my battery life.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 252 ✭✭viclemronny

Hi folks,

Read through most of the thread and a lot seems to be people on 4s. Just wanted to see if there was a general consensus that this was ok for the 4 as regards battery life. Heard horror stories of this fecking up the battery life on the 4.

cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Didn't notice any change at all regards my 4.

I use it heavily too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Mactard wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed that if you have 3g disabled, but do a hard reset switch the phone off and on again 3g automatically switches on?

I wonder if this is a feature, for say - find my iphone, or a bug?

This seems to be a big problem with meteor. I had it. But it is ok now.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

This seems to be a big problem with meteor. I had it. But it is ok now.

I don't quite understand how this could be a meteor issue since it's an iphone setting, nothing meteor do should be able to change settings you've made on your phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Mactard wrote: »
    I don't quite understand how this could be a meteor issue since it's an iphone setting, nothing meteor do should be able to change settings you've made on your phone.

Exactly what I thought. But it never happened with my three sim.
    I might have mistook your problem.

With meteor what happens is when you are in a wifi then leave it. The phone goes to 3G. But it does not work, as in no Internet. To get it to work again. You have to switch the phone off and on again. Turning on aeroplane mode or 3G on and off does not work.

Advertisement