Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Ulster Bank approve my student overdraft?

• 08-03-2012 2:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

I applied for a student overdraft yesterday, I use my account regularly and I am in third year, I am currently between jobs so my income stopped last week, I have a job interview Friday. I need to apply for an overdraft to keep me going and my 21st birthday is in 2 weeks and I don't have any money.

On the Ulster Bank website it says "If you are an existing customer with a current account with Ulster Bank for 12 months you can apply for a student overdraft of up to €750 or if you are in receipt of a grant you could receive up to €1,500 dependent on your grant level."

I rang Ulster Bank yesterday and I was told there would be no problem getting the overdraft without a grant but then the teller in the bank an hour later when I was giving her the application said overdrafts are now only given out to students who have grants but she will submit my application for processing and I should hear back within 5 business days.

Does anyone know what my chances of getting the overdraft are as I don't want to wait until next week to find out it has been denied.

Advertisement