Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1TB or more 3.5" HDD (internal)

Options
  • 08-03-2012 6:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Prices on HDDs have sky-rocketed because of some floods in Thailand as far as I heard.
    Was wondering if anyone has any special offers to beat the market?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

flaviu wrote: »
    Prices on HDDs have sky-rocketed because of some floods in Thailand as far as I heard.
    Was wondering if anyone has any special offers to beat the market?

Yeah it's frustrating that they haven't come down in price again yet :-(

I bought this one last week http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004C0WVP6/ref=oh_o00_s00_i01_details

not dispatched yet so can't comment on it. Its only 5,900 rpm which may be a bit slow if ur using it for an internal... I'm using mine as a NAS. Not sure really how much difference this would make speed wise, depends on what you are using it for I suppose! About all the help I can offer!

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭DIF

The price of HDD rocketed before Christmas due to the floods - but prices are slowly dropping again... I've seen 1Tb & 2Tb SATA's at their cheapest prices in 5 months recently... so shop around online and you'll find a reasonably priced one.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 flaviu

Anyone have any knowledge about this website?
    http://www.airetechit.co.uk/e-shop/products.php?105192&livemode=1
    I've found it on Froogle co uk (a branch of Google) it shows a 1TB Seagate 5900rpm for 47 Pounds, with free shipping, the drawback being they're not in stock and they'll send it as soon as it will be. Anyone have any experience with this sort of stuff? They have a decent 4/5 user review rating rating on froogle.

Advertisement