Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cartell history check help - respray?

Options
  • 08-03-2012 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭

Hey all, I'm doing a Cartell history check on a car for the other half.

And one discrepancy has popped up:

It says the car's colour has changed, from silver to black. But this seemed to happen just two weeks after the car was first registered.

Here's how it appears on my report:

COLOUR RECORDED: SILVER
    COLOUR DATE: BLACK
    COLOUR CHANGE: 28-Feb-2005
    DATE OF FIRST REGISTRATION: 17-Feb-2005
    The colour of this vehicle has changed. The vehicle may have beenresprayed, possibly indicative of repair work following an incident

It can't have been crashed 13 days after first registration and resprayed?????

I wonder was it just a mistake on the original logbook that the dealer had fixed?

Other than this the Cartell check comes up fine (bar a period of unpaid tax when it changed owners).

Any opinions? Thanks :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

Maybe Shannon ****ed up the original log book and had the wrong colour on it, owner buys car, gets log book two weeks later, sends it back to Shannon for correction, mystery over.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The colour code will be on the chassis plate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The colour code will be on the chassis plate

Of course :o

But wanted to be sure as i have to travel a bit to view the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Col200sx wrote: »
    Of course :o

But wanted to be sure as i have to travel a bit to view the car.
    Ask the owner to check it for you.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Was it part of a company fleet that is all silver?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Chriscl1 wrote: »
    Maybe Shannon ****ed up the original log book and had the wrong colour on it, owner buys car, gets log book two weeks later, sends it back to Shannon for correction, mystery over.

Happened to me.

My car was purple on the log book , but has been green since it left the factory.

Advertisement