Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Roll in Galway?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Epic thread with some great suggestions...

If you are in Newcastle and Ward's is closed, G&L are nearby too and are good.

Also the Big Breakfast crepe in Mr Waffle is savage. Kills your hangover stone dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Not the best roll in town but best value is probably hot chicken roll in Londis (opposite UCHG) for €1.99

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Surfacezebra

Le petit pan on Mainguard st and Gourmet tart are the best by far.All them galas and londis stores are the same processed crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,152 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Le petit Delice on Mainguard st and Gourmet tart are the best by far.All them galas and londis stores are the same processed crap.
    FYP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

J o e wrote: »
    Not the best roll in town but best value is probably hot chicken roll in Londis (opposite UCHG) for €1.99
    They're absolutely disgusting though, which sort of negates the money saving part

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Morton's in Salthill.
    Roast beef, semi sun dried tomatoes, brie, some roast veg, lettuce and onion.
    Hummus.
    Ciabatta.

Five bones. Man alive, I wish I had one now. Best place in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭cat_xx

Need to say i got food poisoning from centra on Forster St yesterday. Got a hot chicken roll. Seen the girl using the same knife for raw food and cooked food. My own fault really I shouldnt have eaten it! Really regretting it now!! Be warned!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭Paudee

Centra out by the G do phenomenal breakfast rolls. Also, their staff are all gorgeous which helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I like the rolls from Hogans in Ballybrit

My god. Has nobody ever heard of the vevo roll?

edit:I know vevo is gone!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

cat_xx wrote: »
    Need to say i got food poisoning from centra on Forster St yesterday. Got a hot chicken roll. Seen the girl using the same knife for raw food and cooked food. My own fault really I shouldnt have eaten it! Really regretting it now!! Be warned!!

Raw food, as in raw uncooked meat?

Raw food, as in raw uncooked meat?

Yep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

Yep

Really, what kind of meat?

Really, what kind of meat?

Sorry misread that meant using same knife for hot and cold food and cutting bread.

Sorry misread that meant using same knife for hot and cold food and cutting bread.
    Yeah last time i had a hot chicken salad i was very sick.:rolleyes:

Dont understand your gripe. Theres no issue with using a knife to cut hot and cold food, if they used it on cooked and uncooked food then yes thats an issue but not what you've described.

Yeah last time i had a hot chicken salad i was very sick.:rolleyes:

Dont understand your gripe. Theres no issue with using a knife to cut hot and cold food, if they used it on cooked and uncooked food then yes thats an issue but not what you've described.

My "gripe" is that i ate food from there and got food poisoning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Seen the girl using the same knife for raw food and cooked food.

And getting sick is a fair gripe. But in fairness, read your first quote. That makes me picture cutting uncooked chicken and then buttering your roll with the same knife. Thought you were pretty crazy alright to have eaten anything from there having seen that. Hope you're feeling better.

Fair enough you were ill but what you describe doesn't sound like something anyone could become ill from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

went for the roll out of apache today. pretty savage. chicken gougons, onion, lettuce jalapenos and southwest sauce om nom nom

Had the breakfast roll in Feeneys Cafe salthill.

Very good. Cost 4.50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

Had the breakfast roll in Feeneys Cafe salthill.

Very good. Cost 4.50

ive never been there. will definitely try it

the centra's in salthill and the bottom of eyre sq do pretty decent breakfast rolls. the bacon is pretty crispy and they use good quality sausages most of the time. for a supermarket deli i think they are very well run.

im amazed what some places offer up. i go down to joyces in knockncarra quite a bit. the deli is well set up, and everything looks fresh. but if you ask for a breakfast roll the bacon is just full of fat. the same can be said for supervalu in bearna. how anyone would buy a breakfast roll there is beyond me! ive cooked breakfast myself for 50+ people plenty of times so i know that if you put in a little bit more effort you can get it right.

another thing that surprises me with some of these delis is how they will leave bacon and sausages out for hours, leaving them on display while they look all dry and shrivelled up. at this stage you wouldn't give it to your dog (slight exaggeration:)) but here they are still trying ot flog them!! when the food gets to a stage where it doesn't look appetizing just get rid of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

That's one serious allegation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Lucks on bridge street! Doesn't look up to much but absolutely epic and decent prices :)

ArtyC wrote: »
    Lucks on bridge street! Doesn't look up to much but absolutely epic and decent prices :)

heard that too. next on my list!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,457 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Friendliest shop staff in Galway as well IMO. It's like the old style local before the branded/franchises came in. Pity it's so small.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭IK09

Wards by the college

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭RINO87

+1 +1 +1!!! Her rolls are outta this world. Hungover? Would you like curry sauce and brie on you roll?? YES PLEASE!!!!

RINO87 wrote: »
    +1 +1 +1!!! Her rolls are outta this world. Hungover? Would you like curry sauce and brie on you roll?? YES PLEASE!!!!

was passing yesterday and decided to grab a roll. Very impressed! lovely crusty bread and fresh ingredients. The lady mentioned they get all their meat fresh from collerans butchers up the road.

shes really friendly hada good chat. mentioned she makes up all her own sauces and likes to experiment with the menu.

Got a packed chicken fillet roll in lovely crusty bread for 4 euro very reasonable.

Think ill be back on sat for round 2!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

You've basically posted a totally false allegation about a specific Centra there, might want to remove that.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Must try it.

Advertisement