Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Roll in Galway?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭restingpilgrim

You've basically posted a totally false allegation about a specific Centra there, might want to remove that.

2 years too late:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Jesus.

God knows how many have been killed since!

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

Centra in salthill is the best by a mile

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭on the river

Londais opposite the hospital have chicken fillet roles for 2 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

I think that's only if you have a loyalty tag with them.

They are also open 24 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

smyths wrote: »
    Centra in salthill is the best by a mile
    Have they changed their policy of only allowing 1 sausage in the breakfast roll?
    It's about 9 months since I ordered one, and when I asked the server why she was only using one sausage split in two, she said that it was a new policy dictated by the manager. She offered another sausage at extra charge but I declined and went elsewhere.
    I won't be back!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Centra on the Dublin road make awesome rolls!

dilallio wrote: »
    Have they changed their policy of only allowing 1 sausage in the breakfast roll?
    It's about 9 months since I ordered one, and when I asked the server why she was only using one sausage split in two, she said that it was a new policy dictated by the manager. She offered another sausage at extra charge but I declined and went elsewhere.
    I won't be back!

They are jumbo sausages in fairness if you go during the day in the week the girlls there are lovely and they fill the roll to capacity.

The most anorexic looking chicken fillet I've ever seen and they charge 4.50 for a hot chicken wrap wtf

The most anorexic looking chicken fillet I've ever seen and they charge 4.50 for a hot chicken wrap wtf

its the cheapest roll
    in the city jesus do you want five star treatment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

They are jumbo sausages in fairness if you go during the day in the week the girlls there are lovely and they fill the roll to capacity.

They definitely weren't jumbo sausages when I was there, and you shouldn't have to rely on going at a particular time to get a proper roll.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

its the cheapest roll

Probably wanted to make people aware that the price matches the portion size, which seems pretty fair - don't think there's much need to get defensive.

Probably wanted to make people aware that the price matches the portion size, which seems pretty fair - don't think there's much need to get defensive.

its lovely go and try it yourself

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

If i'm in the area and am peckish I may very well have a gander.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

snubbleste wrote: »
    make your own.

Simply unacceptable. Nobody cooks the day after beer.

My day pans out the same each time. (1) Wake up and buy a breakfast roll, wedges and some sort of fizz. (2) Go to my mother's in the afternoon for the Sunday dinner. (3) That evening, lie to my girlfriend about having dinner in my mother's and force her into ordering an Indian and more fizz.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

its the cheapest roll

Thread title is best roll not cheapest roll. The ones from that Londis are the worst, absolutely sh!t. McCambridges and Wards are the best imo, not much to choose between them. Centra/Londis/Spar etc etc are all pretty much the same imo.

MadYaker wrote: »
    Thread title is best roll not cheapest roll. The ones from that Londis are the worst, absolutely sh!t. McCambridges and Wards are the best imo, not much to choose between them. Centra/Londis/Spar etc etc are all pretty much the same imo.

Yaker did you try the role in gormont tart lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I haven't actually. I must check it out.

I haven't actually. I must check it out.

do you will madyaking over it guaranteed

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Ludikrus

Boojum. Mexican rolls!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Hot Cajun chicken roll from centra in salthill is a good feed.

They heat up the chicken with some swiss cheese and sauteed onions add what ever sauce you want for 5 beans.

def a good one to try

ThirdMan wrote: »
    Simply unacceptable. Nobody cooks the day after beer.

My day pans out the same each time. (1) Wake up and buy a breakfast roll, wedges and some sort of fizz. (2) Go to my mother's in the afternoon for the Sunday dinner. (3) That evening, lie to my girlfriend about having dinner in my mother's and force her into ordering an Indian and more fizz.

A few sneaky pints for the cure can often be added to the days agenda too :D

Cooking is totally unacceptable though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭I_smell_fear

I was a long time merchant of the €2 rolls from Londis across from the hospital but that era has come to an end.

Lucks/MacIsaacs has won me over. 2 fillings and chicken fillet roll for about 3.50. They toast the bread so its crunchilicious which sealed it for me, you don't get that in yer Centra/Londis. As cringey as it sounds, there's a great little vibe in the shop, the two working there are sound out, it's like walking into a family kitchen.

I was a long time merchant of the €2 rolls from Londis across from the hospital but that era has come to an end.

Lucks/MacIsaacs has won me over. 2 fillings and chicken fillet roll for about 3.50. They toast the bread so its crunchilicious which sealed it for me, you don't get that in yer Centra/Londis. As cringey as it sounds, there's a great little vibe in the shop, the two working there are sound out, it's like walking into a family kitchen.
    where is it located

• Registered Users Posts: 10,457 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

where is it located

O Brien's Bridge. Beside Kellys.

O Brien's Bridge. Beside Kellys.
    thanks i will try it tomorrow and post my verdict

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Centra/Londis/Spar etc etc are all pretty much the same imo.

Centra > Spar > Londis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

McCambridge's and Gourmet Tart, Boojum on the Friday. Also, great breakfast roll in Revive before 12 or 12.30. The food in Gala on Prospect Hill has to be the worst - absolutely vile

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

markesmith wrote: »
    McCambridge's and Gourmet Tart, Boojum on the Friday. Also, great breakfast roll in Revive before 12 or 12.30. The food in Gala on Prospect Hill has to be the worst - absolutely vile

McCambridges do a solid roll.

Love their spanish one. Smoked paprika mayo, manchego cheese and Chorizo for 4.50.

One of the only places I've noticed that does pastrami as well. Go there when I'm feeling like a new york style deli one. Pastrami, salami, swiss, pickles and mayo. lovely stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

markesmith wrote: »

Gourmet tart are dynamite!! Yep gala on prospect hill is not great.... Slow to be served and food left sitting for ages ....

Advertisement