Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fine Gael cancels celebration photocall

• 08-03-2012 10:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭

Fine Gael has called off a photocall to highlight and celebrate its achievements during the past year in government.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0308/finegael.html
    Fine Gael has called off a photocall planned for this lunchtime to highlight and celebrate its achievements during the past year in government.
    Speaking on RTE's Morning Ireland Labour Minister Pat Rabbitte had criticised the planned event as "silly".
    A Fine Gael statement announcing that the event had been cancelled said: "It was presumed that the Labour Party would be planning an event, similar to the one scheduled by Fine Gael, to mark the Party's first year in Government. When it was discovered that this was not the case, it was deemed inappropriate to proceed.
    "Much progress has been made in our first year in office but we realise that a difficult road still lies ahead" it added.

What have they to celebrate? Inda loves getting his mug in the papers, a little bit like BA was in his day.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,649 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

ronaneire wrote: »
    Fine Gael has called off a photocall to highlight and celebrate its achievements during the past year in government.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0308/finegael.html

What have they to celebrate? Inda loves his getting is mug in the papers, a little bit like BA.

That "event" was/is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

What have they to celebrate? Inda loves his getting is mug in the papers, a little bit like BA.

The continued gullibility of the Irish Electorate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

What have they to celebrate?

They fooled enough voters with their lies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

What have they to celebrate?

just out of interest, was the word 'celebrate' actually mentioned by FG or Government?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Inda loves getting his mug in the papers, a little bit like BA was in his day.
    Inda Kinny?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Sounds like Fine Gael were planning a night out with the lads but the girlfriend (Labour) reminded them it was their anniversary so they had to ring up the lads to cancel the night out to stay in with the girlfriend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Riskymove wrote: »
    just out of interest, was the word 'celebrate' actually mentioned by FG or Government?

Why were they planning such an event in the first place? They might not have said the actual word "celebrate" but do you think it would of been OK if they had?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭ronaneire

biko wrote: »
    Inda Kinny?

That's him! Kinny do it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I hope the photographer has a machine gun hidden under his coat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Why were they planning such an event in the first place? They might not have said the actual word "celebrate" but do you think it would of been OK if they had?

I am not neccessarily agreeing with the event, I am just interested in how the media seems to be driving the reaction here on this story. I mean, if they actually said they were having an event to 'celebrate' I think it would be a major gaffe

in another way, I would have thought people might be interested in actually having the Government come out and give their views on what's happened over the last year. If only to be able to diss it. Do we really prefer them to not engage with the public?

Certainly I hear lots of complaints about transparancy and openness etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

What have they to celebrate? Inda loves getting his mug in the papers, a little bit like BA was in his day.

That Baracus fella, fúckin media whore. All those gold chains n shít.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

so to summarise, nothing has happened....

slow news day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

is it just me, or is it that everytime I seem to see this lot fg/lab on the TV they seem to be getting rounder and fatter each time. Enda Kenny looks like he has put on two stone already.

fat cats syndrome maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

is it just me, or is it that everytime I seem to see this lot fg/lab on the TV they seem to be getting rounder and fatter each time. Enda Kenny looks like he has put on two stone already.

fat cats syndrome maybe.

Sly Phil has put on a lot of weight too from the t.v. pictures on the News at 6.01 as has Gilmour. Some septic tanks they would need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

biko wrote: »
    Inda Kinny?

knda Iinny?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

I also cancelled my "year on the dole" photoshoot recently... mainly as I couldnt afford it but also so as not to misuse public funds..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

It was called off because vampires can't get their pictures taken.

Neither can black people when it's dark out.

Advertisement