Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnancy Tests

Options
  • 08-03-2012 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

This is probably going to be a non-starter and my period will turn up! I'm into day 38 of my cycle. Other cycles have been 26, 27, 31.

How much are pregnancy tests (with the lines) and the digital ones? I'm googling it but it's bringing up £stg prices and online prices. Just want a price for the ones in the shops.

If it is not pregnancy, what other reason could there be for a late period? I am not stressed, don't drink alcohol, don't smoke, am normal weight. Would be delighted if I was pregnant but only off pill five months and in my late 30's so I still don't expect it to be good news!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

You can get a pack of 3 in the 2 euro shop, but how reliable they are is anyones guess...

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

As far as I can remember, they were between 14 and 20 euro - you pay a bit more for 2 clearblue. First response are pretty good, and are under 20.

On my pregnancy an internet cheapie showed a positive quickly and I double checked it with the first response ones (x2) then I checked again with the clearblue digital over the 2 following mornings...and a few more cheapies thrown in for good measure. :D I guess I made up for all the months I didnt get that lovely line!

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Oleander

Quite expensive then. Thanks for that. I'll wait another few days and see then what I'll do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

If you get the internet cheapies (or they have simular in the €2 shop) it will give you a guide. I got 20 online for €5 from ebay - they are the strips - and I bought 2 clear blue ones (just in case) - they were €16.95 in my pharmacy

Best of luck x

stickybean wrote: »
    If you get the internet cheapies (or they have simular in the €2 shop) it will give you a guide. I got 20 online for €5 from ebay - they are the strips - and I bought 2 clear blue ones (just in case) - they were €16.95 in my pharmacy

Best of luck x

Thank you. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Janet1986

You can get a test in boots chemist for under €10

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Janet1986 wrote: »
    You can get a test in boots chemist for under €10

You can 2x clearblue or FR on
    Amazon for about 12euro. Throw in some books or more tests and get free delivery when your total bill is over 25euro. I buy most of my sticks from there and usually try to get books or something for my nieces and nephews bdays.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Advertisement