Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fundraisers

• 08-03-2012 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

My local club is currently in the process of planning fundraisers for the year and we could do with some fresh ideas. What sort of events does your club run? Popular events in our area are:

Strictly come dancing
    Take me out (other themed game shows)
    Boxing night
    Last man standing
    The biggest loser

All of which are good events but every club has done them and we would like to try something different. What do you suggest?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Come Dine with me!!
    You need 20+ homes to each host 10 for a dinner everyone pays €20 to the club they all vote on their hosts and the winning hosts receive €500, a few clubs I know collect all the participants by mini bus and finish the night in the clubrooms with music and a raffle and the winner is announced etc very easy to raise 4/5 grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 DB Cooper 23

We already did come dine with me last year with moderate success

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Jarjohn

Darts exhibition with pro player. Get 20 players to raise €50+ each on sponsorship cards which will cover cost of player plus extra. Then sell tickets to event at say €10 each and have raffle on night. With sponsorship etc should raise 2-3k handy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

We already did come dine with me last year with moderate success
    How did ye run it coz its a no brainer if ran like above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭rpurfield

Ive seen a few supporters clubs of soccer teams from england invtite former players of said club over for a q&a session, generally called a legends evening.I reckon this sort of thing involving former gaelic legends would work.have two or three of your former county players down maybe even expand it further afield well liked greats from other counties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Strictly raised over 30k at my local club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Not a big earner at all but for the pure novelty factor some Garrycastle supporters done a sponsored car push on Saturday.
    A gang of them pushed a car painted in the club colours from Garrycastle to Moate.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 DB Cooper 23

We raised about £5,000 with Come dine with me, we were aiming for £10,000 but couldn't get enough people to take part.

I like the idea of the darts exhibition, it would be something different for our area and could generate a bit of interest.

Mardy bum, how did you raise £30,000? That's an incredible amount of money. That is our total fundraising target for the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

If you can get everything sponsored its possible plus ticket sales. The hotel sponsored the event with the location. A programme was made with €100 a page for an ad and 50 for a half page. The contestants would want to be very popular people who you know will draw a crowd from around the county. Picking the contestants right is nearly the most important thing. It actually raised 40k in total after expenses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

Two clubs in Kilkenny ran a boxing night last weekend. Im not sure of the finer details but I have a fair idea!

Two clubs(minimum 10 lads from each club if possible)

They had a company who helped set it up at a cost of €7,500. The company helped set up the ring, train the lads who are doing the boxing, referees,judges, models at the end of each round and insurance. (They probably helped out in other ways too!)

Each person who is boxing to try and get sponsorship of €200 each. (20*200= €4,000)

Entry into the boxing is €20. This particular event had 900 in attendance (20*900 = €18,000)

Sell a Programme of the fights and details about each fighter for €2. Then €100 a page for an ad in the programme.

Boxers come into the ring with there own entrance music.

A bar was set up with all proceeds going to the 2 clubs aswel.

In total both clubs raised €10,000 each

Aswel as raising money,its a grat way to get lads fit at the start of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,635 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Local_Chap wrote: »
    Two clubs in Kilkenny ran a boxing night last weekend. Im not sure of the finer details but I have a fair idea!

Two clubs(minimum 10 lads from each club if possible)

They had a company who helped set it up at a cost of €7,500. The company helped set up the ring, train the lads who are doing the boxing, referees,judges, models at the end of each round and insurance. (They probably helped out in other ways too!)

Each person who is boxing to try and get sponsorship of €200 each. (20*200= €4,000)

Entry into the boxing is €20. This particular event had 900 in attendance (20*900 = €18,000)

Sell a Programme of the fights and details about each fighter for €2. Then €100 a page for an ad in the programme.

Boxers come into the ring with there own entrance music.

A bar was set up with all proceeds going to the 2 clubs aswel.

In total both clubs raised €10,000 each

Aswel as raising money,its a grat way to get lads fit at the start of the season.

Our club and our neighbours ran this lst year.....afaik ran in conjunction with a local amatuer boxing club, all boxers sponsored, all bouts sponsored (eg. ACME carpets presents joe blogs (sponsored by xyz cabs) V micky mac (sponsored by abc tyres)) no programme, but multimedia screens in venue and cctv in bar area of complex; 2 ladies bouts; DVD recording on sale afterwards.Battle of the bars half way tru night-local pubs sponsored participants 'competing'on a punchbag machine; 10 euro per ticket and Both clubs cleared c.7K each after expenses

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 206 ✭✭Creachadóir

Would love to organise a Strictly Come Dancing fundraiser - sounds like fun! I've googled it and can't figure out how you'd go about organising it. Can anyone give any tips? :) Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭SalthillGuy

If you can organise a crowd, then having an entry fee is probably a good idea. You are guaranteed income. Fundraising pages for events like marathons are also a good idea, provided you have people committed to working for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 eoinken

Coming very late to this thread but was wondering if anyone knew of a service for collecting sponsorship for an event (10k run type) instead of the dreaded printed sponsorship cards. My Charity.ie do it for charities but is there any similar for sports clubs that anyone knows of?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

Has anyone ever done a themed quiz night.

I was talking to a fella who ran a Fr Ted quiz night for a local soccer club and apparently it was a huge success with teams coming from all over the country for the novelty of a Fr Ted quiz night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

the kelt wrote: »
    Has anyone ever done a themed quiz night.

I was talking to a fella who ran a Fr Ted quiz night for a local soccer club and apparently it was a huge success with teams coming from all over the country for the novelty of a Fr Ted quiz night

careful now

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Blue Magic

Regarding GAA Club fundraising....

Is the Club Fund 50 thing any good do people know?

Also, any new types of fundraisers which are on the go?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Karl223

Had a fundraiser in Laughter Lounge in Dublin a while back and made almost €2000. Pretty sure they do em for any charity or clubs. Great laugh but obviously only going to work if you're near the Pale. Easier than trying to get raffle prizes and table quiz messin' anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Karl223

Anyone try white collar boxing? Looks like lots to organise but is it a decent money spinner?

Karl223 wrote: »
    Anyone try white collar boxing? Looks like lots to organise but is it a decent money spinner?

Ya. That's the one that I'm trying to sell to fellas around the club... A few bob to be made alright!

Thanks

• Advertisement

Karl223 wrote: »

How does format work exactly?

Tournament with quarters, semis & final? 3 rounds a fight?

Advertisement