Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem skin

• 08-03-2012 10:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭

I'm in my early twenties, with combination skin, with an oily t-zone. My major skin problem at the moment is that I've broken out in a cluster of spots along my jawline. They've been there since late December - I've tried everything I can think of - changed my pillows, spot creams, gentle exfoliation, toothpaste to dry them out, etc, and they show no signs of clearing, I'm at my wits end and I don't know what to do next. I put concealer on them for work because they are red and very obvious. I don't wear a heavy foundation, only some tinted moisturiser. I cleanse, tone, moisturise in the morning and at night.

I drink green tea, am trying to get more fresh air, I know that I need to take in more of these to benefit my skin but for the moment I can't figure out why i've had spots in the same place for 3 months!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Glowla

I had the exact same problem last summer. I had odd outbreaks during my teens (I'm 25 now) but this just flared up over a few days and I was at my wits end. I had tried all sorts of creams and washes but nothing worked.

Apparently though, acne on the jawline can be associated with your digestive system so I went to a health shop and bought a bottle of Aloe Vera which I used to the end (tastes horrific but just wash it down with water) and also took Acidophilus which is a probiotic in capsule form. This replaces all the good bacteria in your gut. I continue to take this.

Added to this have you tried La Roche Posay products? They're really sealing the deal...I use Effaclar Foaming Gel Wash and Effaclar K as the cream. I understand that some products have better outcomes than others for different people but I would advise staying away from cheaper brands and maybe stick with LRP, Vichy or Avene. It has definetly taken some time to see results so give it a chance. My skin has really improved and I'm not half as self concious about it anymore so here's hoping it continues. Green tea might help too and also what's important is you should avoid touching your face as much as possible because bacteria and bad stuff on yur hands can transfer into the facial pores and block them.

Hope you get some results, as I said it does take time but when you begin to see a difference, its worth the effort :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭CeannRua

I had a very minor problem with acne on my jawline. I'm going on what my beautician said about it here - if the spots are red and don't form a head they're cystic and the issue can be hormonal. I started using this stuff http://www.amazon.com/Skincare-Clear-Cell-Salicylic-Cleanser/dp/B003RIPAS4/ref=pd_sbs_bt_1/189-4533355-2320042
    and it has worked - problem totally gone - but I did only have a very minor problem with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Glowla wrote: »
    I had the exact same problem last summer. I had odd outbreaks during my teens (I'm 25 now) but this just flared up over a few days and I was at my wits end. I had tried all sorts of creams and washes but nothing worked.

Apparently though, acne on the jawline can be associated with your digestive system so I went to a health shop and bought a bottle of Aloe Vera which I used to the end (tastes horrific but just wash it down with water) and also took Acidophilus which is a probiotic in capsule form. This replaces all the good bacteria in your gut. I continue to take this.

Added to this have you tried La Roche Posay products? They're really sealing the deal...I use Effaclar Foaming Gel Wash and Effaclar K as the cream. I understand that some products have better outcomes than others for different people but I would advise staying away from cheaper brands and maybe stick with LRP, Vichy or Avene. It has definetly taken some time to see results so give it a chance. My skin has really improved and I'm not half as self concious about it anymore so here's hoping it continues. Green tea might help too and also what's important is you should avoid touching your face as much as possible because bacteria and bad stuff on yur hands can transfer into the facial pores and block them.

Hope you get some results, as I said it does take time but when you begin to see a difference, its worth the effort :)

Is Acidophilus expensive? I only use animal product free products (admittedly am using some cheap Superdrug own brand ones) so don't know if I can change what products I use but will look into the Aloe Vera! Relieved to hear that other people have had the same problem and solved it!

CeannRua wrote: »
    I had a very minor problem with acne on my jawline. I'm going on what my beautician said about it here - if the spots are red and don't form a head they're cystic and the issue can be hormonal. I started using this stuff http://www.amazon.com/Skincare-Clear-Cell-Salicylic-Cleanser/dp/B003RIPAS4/ref=pd_sbs_bt_1/189-4533355-2320042
    and it has worked - problem totally gone - but I did only have a very minor problem with it.

Ah, I have heard of Salicylic acid - how does it feel? Someone suggested to me that the problem was hormonal as well, ahhh its such a pain! 3 months of spots!!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Glowla

I use Solgar Advanced Acidophilus Plus and it says they're vegetable capsules, suitable for vegans, if that's what you were asking about? I think it was maybe 10 or 12euro for 60 caps.

Yep its always good to know others are going through the same thing, its really trial and error with outbreaks. My skin is in no way perfect but its getting there

Good luck, hope you find a system that works for you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭CeannRua

I only use the salicylic cleanser in the morning as I thought it was drying out my skin a bit too much using it morning and night. I use an Effaclar face wash at night as mentioned by Glowla. I had been using this before I developed the problem with my jawline so it wouldn't have cleared it up on its own. I'm using coconut oil at the mo to remove make-up as well... no harm using a combination of things to find out what works best.

• Advertisement
Advertisement