Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragons Den 2012

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

This girl is confident!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭coup1917

40 Eur for a umberrla:eek:

Celtic tiger is thata way..........40 euro for a paddy gimmick

Have to agree with earlier posters....
    This years program is gone to the dogs. It has very few if any interesting ideas coming on. Maybe because things are so bad, anyone with a decent idea is not gonna give it away to a greedy dragon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

40 Eur for a umberrla:eek:

But didn't you see, it had a picture on a rain-swept mountain on it.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Sean got railroaded in to this wan... ta be shure ta be shure.. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"He's a serious special needs guy, and she's the only one who can handle him"

Jaysus, thank uncle..

You think they'd just give her the 3k each :confused:

Is this dragons den or the County Enterprise Board.....??
    Bobby couldnt really not give an offer with the family connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Recessionbust

I really can't say what I think but There's an app for that

Anything good to watch now?

• Advertisement

MOTD or snooker..?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Snooker.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I'm know I'm a bit behind but I'm catching up with DD on my Sky Box and just watched show broadcast on April 15.

Hope some of you may remember the brief pitch that failed for 'Cheapaschips.ie'?

I also think it's an awful idea but I was curious and had a look at their website and they have made a Dragon's Den Retort video that I found well made and quite funny.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 90 ✭✭signup070

The american rouge investor who invested in the sugar free snacks was a salt of the earth character id say.... promote him to be a real dragon!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Ammonite

murpho999 wrote: »
    I'm know I'm a bit behind but I'm catching up with DD on my Sky Box and just watched show broadcast on April 15.

Hope some of you may remember the brief pitch that failed for 'Cheapaschips.ie'?

I also think it's an awful idea but I was curious and had a look at their website and they have made a Dragon's Den Retort video that I found well made and quite funny.

I saw this yes, very funny! From reading their official post show interview, they sounded happy with the experience, their tune seems to have changed a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ShirleyBassey

Did the Golden Ireland people (Episode 9) get sushied?

Consider:-
    Episode 7 - a pitch for a 'deals Malta site' an off-shoot to a deals ireland site, which the entrepreneur described the latter as breaking-even and only ever meant as a 'test site'. As such the Ire site had no specific target market or demographic and offered broad discount deals. Norah Casey invested on condition of having equity in the Ireland site.

Roll on to Episode 9 - a pitch from Golden Ireland a husband and wife team who developed the site to specifically target the over 55's market with discount hospitality deals. No investment received.

Just a chance Look at www.harmonia.ie (Ms Casey's publication website) I notice an editorial headed "Exciting deals website for the active over 50's gets Dragon investment" and goes on to say the new Irish website specifically caters for the over 50's with discount deals for hotels, leisure etc. - quite a turnaround from the original pitch.

Now granted the value of the grey euro is no secret....but I think I would feel a little short changed if I were part of the Golden Ireland couple.

Advertisement