Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragons Den 2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

Hoffmans wrote: »
    cant believe yer man invested in that tyre crap, with only american safety accredation, what use is that in the eu.....
    couldnt believe it and no exclusivity either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

Lynfo wrote: »
    Yes, but they then have to be fixed, this concept will keep the tyre going until it legally has to be changed. ie you'll never know you got a nail or whatever in the tyre.

cost to the consumer was ridiculous for a start, and then €25k for marketing and to get other investors interested? no thanks! ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

70 Products, way too much.

120k investment to pay someone else's wages? jesus h christ, no! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

bet they dont have 250k

• Advertisement

Floating it on the stockmarket:D

15% for 250,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Fair play to your man for sticking it out, hope he does well. I know from an ex that its incredibly cheap to make bath salts and the like, its all profit once they are properly tested.

Nice to see he's prepared to make it in Ireland too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

That man is ****ing insane. Having Gavin on board with so much cash from an early stage. Madness...

15% for 250,000.

pie in the sky valuation, the producers should have a financial analyst examine the investee's figures before wasting time putting them on tv... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

leggo wrote: »
    That man is ****ing insane. Having Gavin on board with so much cash from an early stage. Madness...

I thought he was right, he has already invested €100,000 in cash and has €150,000 of his own ready to invest and more importantly he is readly to let it grow at its own speed. He has his own business as back up and has received a lot of publicity tonight.

Gavin looking for 45% was a bit cheeky seeing that the product is ready to go. I think the Dragons are a bit too greedy myself, 25% would have been a good compromise for all.

I'll keep an eye out for his stuff and give it a try when I see it.

So he's willing to match the amount of capital that the investor does. Theoretically, they're both paying for 50% and he had talked Gavin down to 35%. He could have easily gone down to 30% by cheekily suggesting Gavin round down instead of rounding up. For a €250,000 investment that'll either tank or take off, to have that capital readily available and an investor who knows how to take it to market on board (plus Gavin is going to be committed dropping that kind of dough on it).

Nah, I'm sorry, I admired him when I thought he was using his poker face successfully but the end result is mental.

He could still succeed, mind, but now he's doing it on his own. The product isn't a banker and he has never done anything on the scale of floating a product to the market before (else he wouldn't need an investor!) I wish him luck but he's made his life a lot more difficult with that decision.

he had no research done on the investors as Gavin Duffy would have tied this in quite nicely with his tanning products and could've got it to market in the morning through the same distribution channels as his tanning products, thats why i reckon he was so driven to get in on it, which is why the guy was a fool to turn him down too!

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Lynfo

xsiborg wrote: »
    cost to the consumer was ridiculous for a start, and then €25k for marketing and to get other investors interested? no thanks! ;)

I'm not saying it wasa good deal, I'm pointing out that they're not the same as run flats.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I can't wait to see what had Gavin in tears in the das for next Dragon's den:eek:

Starting in 5-4-3-2-1..............

• Registered Users Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Feck it. Titanic was crap, this has to be better.

Hello Bob.

Good neighbours > sensormind.

Her product could make Billions, my eye:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

What if ya came home pissed, falling all over the place.

Heap of crap, will never make money.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

What was Nicholas' "upcycle" product specifically?

I disagree. An elderly person having a fall, say, in the wee hours won't be helped by the neighbours who may not visit for 12-18 hours. This is like an automated Phonewatch type product in that you'll be immediately notified, and has massive potential for growth over time. I loved it and I'm even considering buying one for my grandmother.

Feck off to the BBC Dragons Den.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Feck off to the BBC Dragons Den.

What's the name of their product?

40% Bad deal, dont take it.

amdublin wrote: »
    What's the name of their product?

Don't actually know to be honest.