Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragons Den 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭pjmn

The Yank called the board game amateur (and he may be right)... but the whole programme is amateur.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

You tell em Bobbyo.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Gavin tut tut tut. Silly investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

amdublin wrote: »
    Gavin tut tut tut. Silly investment.

Probably paid his household charge as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

Why would I want a photo of myself reading a greeting card :confused:

for €10 retail price no less! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭rainbowdash

Spark of genius maybe in the card. Think about disposable cameras, so you have a party, open the card and take all your pictures from the card and they are all together in one file to be shared between whoever wants a copy.

A big player like Kodak or a card company could come in and promote it.

Spark of genius maybe in the card. Think about disposable cameras, so you have a party, open the card and take all your pictures from the card and they are all together in one file to be shared between whoever wants a copy.

A big player like Kodak or a card company could come in and promote it.

:confused:

Does your digital camera not do that?

And as an added bonus you get nice photos of your guests, rather than them looking at a piece of paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭rainbowdash

And as an added bonus you get nice photos of your guests, rather than them looking at a piece of paper.

Just saying it might be a stroke of genius as a novelty item, turn the card around and picture all the guests and they are not looking at a piece of paper but the lens of a camera.

Kids might get great mileage out of the right product.

Plenty of stupid things end up in my kids hands around birthdays and christmas, this would be no different.

While i take on board your comments, I have no interest in it whatsoever.

I'm out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

CWF wrote: »
    I was wondering where Sean Gallagher went, it looks like Gavin Duffy ate him! The chap is after putting on serious weight!

well, i for one admire him for reinventing himself.

• Advertisement

Just saying it might be a stroke of genius as a novelty item, turn the card around and picture all the guests and they are not looking at a piece of paper but the lens of a camera.

Kids might get great mileage out of the right product.

Plenty of stupid things end up in my kids hands around birthdays and christmas, this would be no different.

see the problem as i see it wasnt raised in the den, nor was it considered here, but these kind of disposable electronics in paper can be a nightmare to recycle responsibly, something which the company manufacturing them would be obliged to consider, something which i think hallmark would definitely have considered, because as far as im aware, they dont do those cards that play a little voice clip when you open them either!

for all their talk of using off the shelf parts too, they didnt even have a working prototype, which i could've knocked up in 5 minutes here using old spare parts from a laptop- whip out the webcam, solder it to a PCB board, program the board, job done, and these guys were talking about licensing the idea?

far too many buzzwords flying about in programs like the den to be able to take it any way seriously! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Does any one know when this usually goes online. Forgot all about it this week.

Edit: It's up, nevermind.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Hey Harry, just spotted that on the site now.. That's all the left wing, anti war, Tony Blair / George Bush hating crowd he's pissed off alright.. You'd wonder why he would politicize himself.. ?

Jon, I can't see how any right-thinking Irishman would want to become involved in the hero-worship of British troops being killed in a country that they have no right to be occupying in the first place. Troops who, if they had half a brain, would be at home with their families and loved ones instead of pointlessly sacrificing themselves for the likes of war-mongers like Blair and Bush and their immoral legacy.

For that reason I wouldn't buy one of his feckin watches if he told me that Georgia Salpa came free with it.

I can only assume that his support for the Afghan "Heroes" will ease the way for him to sell his tawdry shyte to moronic football supporters the length and breadth of the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Jon, I can't see how any right-thinking Irishman would want to become involved in the hero-worship of British troops being killed in a country that they have no right to be occupying in the first place. Troops who, if they had half a brain, would be at home with their families and loved ones instead of pointlessly sacrificing themselves for the likes of war-mongers like Blair and Bush and their immoral legacy.

For that reason I wouldn't buy one of his feckin watches if he told me that Georgia Salpa came free with it.

I can only assume that his support for the Afghan "Heroes" will ease the way for him to sell his tawdry shyte to moronic football supporters the length and breadth of the UK.

Did I click into the wrong thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭flanree

a picture to get back on topic - taken from rte player website

dd_screen.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28 tolkarovers

Does anyone know what kind of shirts sean wears?
    I'm obsessed with that red line ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Wow, this is the stupidest idea ever. If they wanted that they could just do it when they were first building it for a small fraction of the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Wow, this is the stupidest idea ever. If they wanted that they could just do it when they were first building it for a small fraction of the cost.

But they didn't. Which is why it's a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

I'm not really liking the Septic Tank. :rolleyes:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

cant get onto the smartstorage.ie website. it must be getting fierce hits now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 fries

The judges on this show are really condescending and opinionated. Maybe with the exception of the American judge, the rest appear to lack objectivity. I don't know why people are entering in this show because the economy is doomed and consumer spending will likely worsen. It's just not worth it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Bobby and possibly Niall are my favourites. The American guy seems a bit pretentious to me. They could be in a comfortable position where they don't need to be fully objective.

Bobby and possibly Niall are my favourites. The American guy seems a bit pretentious to me. They could be in a comfortable position where they don't need to be fully objective.

lets be honest the american guy has the kudos to back up the pretentious attitude, but my favorite has to be gavin duffy, mass marketer extroardinaire, and most of the products on the show he could take any of them and make them a running success, provided the entrepreneur was prepared to give up the equity!

as i always say- 10% ownership of something, is better than 100% ownership of nothing!

plus i have an awful soft spot for nora casey, she seems like she'd be good for a giggle... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 28,849 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

xsiborg wrote: »
    lets be honest the american guy has the kudos to back up the pretentious attitude, but my favorite has to be gavin duffy, mass marketer extroardinaire, and most of the products on the show he could take any of them and make them a running success, provided the entrepreneur was prepared to give up the equity!

as i always say- 10% ownership of something, is better than 100% ownership of nothing!

plus i have an awful soft spot for nora casey, she seems like she'd be good for a giggle... :o
    Have to disagree about Nora - she spends most of her time reminding us and the entrepreneur about her range of women's magazines :rolleyes:

I only caught the new series for the first time last night and I missed the start.. who's the American guy? He seems into the oul self-promotion too and it seemed like the others don't like being shown up for the (presumably) small fish they are by comparison.

Agree with you on Gavin though - definitely the best Dragon and you can see how the others defer to him. He's definitely the one you want if you're standing there. Love him at the interview stage of The Apprentice too!

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Have to disagree about Nora - she spends most of her time reminding us and the entrepreneur about her range of women's magazines :rolleyes:

I only caught the new series for the first time last night and I missed the start.. who's the American guy? He seems into the oul self-promotion too and it seemed like the others don't like being shown up for the (presumably) small fish they are by comparison.

Agree with you on Gavin though - definitely the best Dragon and you can see how the others defer to him. He's definitely the one you want if you're standing there. Love him at the interview stage of The Apprentice too!

ah no Kaiser, totally agree with you on the fact that she spends more time bigging up her own profile and her magazines than any actual interest in the investments but she drops herself in it too so many times with the unintentional comedy factor, lol, and when i say a soft spot, god dont ask me what it is about her but... i would! :eek: :o :pac:

but as for the new dragon, sean o' sullivan is his name, 'parrently he's big in the IT world:

http://www.rte.ie/tv/dragonsden/profile_seanosullivan.html

ah yeah i liked gavin too in the apprentice but i thought others might not have seen it... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I like all of them in their own way. I was always a bit uneasy with Sean Gallagher, he was always playing good cop but you could sense that slimy, politician in him waiting to come out. I think we saw his true colours on one of them Dragon's Den 'On The Road' shows when he was at work and seemed a bit of a bully.

Gavin is excellent TV and the one I'd most definitely want to go into business with. He's like Simon Cowell in that he knows how to send you on an emotional roller coaster with his feedback and isn't afraid to get his hands dirty and take digs at the other Dragons.

Nora is okay, seems a kind-hearted person with legit credentials that mean she won't fall for a BS sob story all the same.

Sean is the real deal. I can't but respect him and he always talks absolute sense without ever feeling the need to unnecessarily poke fun at a hopeful, realising how big of a deal it is to them.

Bobby is just great craic. I always piss myself whenever he starts doing that hyperactive giggle. This is going to sound strange, but I wish he was my grandad/uncle.

And Niall is the dark horse. Usually keeps it all business, but when he decides to get stuck in he always, always makes it interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

ive good enough time for all of them

the yank is a decent addition

hard to blame them for being cynical at times considering some of these clowns

never liked the bald snake gallagher

M cebee wrote: »
    never liked the bald snake gallagher

i've never heard him described more appropriately with the shifty looking head on him! :D

nora casey too was a much needed replacement for that other stony faced battleaxe, whatever her name was... :confused:

i like bobby too but he never really makes any moves to invest in anything either, same as nora, niall and gavin seem to be the only ones that make any interesting proposals for investment, and there doesnt seem to be much in the way of IT stuff for sean to invest in, aside from a crappy change of address domain name that changed hands a few times!

said it all really- nobody bloody wants it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

those pride watches at the sv checkouts are pure garbage

dragons den-pride watches-supervalu-publicity-late late show-sob story

dunno what that's all about

• Advertisement

M cebee wrote: »
    those pride watches at the sv checkouts are pure garbage

dragons den-pride watches-supervalu-publicity-late late show-sob story

dunno what that's all about

oh its on the thread a few pages back, basically gavin cried a river i think, cant remember exactly and it'd be a pain to go search when im posting from the mobile right now.

but yeah, totally agree with you, cheap throwaway watch manufactured in china and you're supposed to wear it with pride?

county colors nonsense, i wouldnt give one to my seven year old child! :rolleyes:

Advertisement