Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragons Den 2012

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

i would love it. its one of those great christmas stocking fillers. or even for a childs birthday whos mad into sport etc. gavin will make a good hand of it too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

i would love it. its one of those great christmas stocking fillers. or even for a childs birthday whos mad into sport etc. gavin will make a good hand of it too

missed the show...site anyone?

or brief explaination...

ive seen football manager and the euros mentioned in a board game...

• Site Banned Posts: 4 conoridiot

xsiborg wrote: »
    an absolute waste of money that, both her deals sites will be swallowed up no matter how much money is thrown at them- "i wanted to keep deals ireland low key", lol, spin for "its doing shíte!"... :rolleyes:

ah for gods sake- wristbands, made in china dirt! feckall mark-up! :rolleyes:

seriously, i keep waiting for that killer entrepreneur business or actual innovative product, but it just never comes... :(

What is with the absolute obsession on this forum over products being made in China? Do you have any idea whatsoever how many products you deal with in your day-to-day life are made there? Why would someone make a product in Ireland at 5 times the price? More often than not there isn't even a bloody industry for these products in Ireland, so it's not even an option should someone want to keep it Irish. Sheer idiotic comments that ignore the real economic situation of the world.

China makes cheap products and that's the reality of the situation. It's not purely down to cheap labour either, they are setup for the industry whereas Ireland and equally Bulgaria, Spain etc.. aren't. Good god... I hope you enjoyed tapping away on your chinese keyboard as you wrote that comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

conoridiot wrote: »
    What is with the absolute obsession on this forum over products being made in China? Do you have any idea whatsoever how many products you deal with in your day-to-day life are made there? Why would someone make a product in Ireland at 5 times the price? More often than not there isn't even a bloody industry for these products in Ireland, so it's not even an option should someone want to keep it Irish. Sheer idiotic comments that ignore the real economic situation of the world.

China makes cheap products and that's the reality of the situation. It's not purely down to cheap labour either, they are setup for the industry whereas Ireland and equally Bulgaria, Spain etc.. aren't. Good god... I hope you enjoyed tapping away on your chinese keyboard as you wrote that comment.

feel better now having got that off your chest? :D

who said there was anything wrong with having these products made in china? for that matter i do actually agree with you, which is why i hate these nonsense, whimsical same old, same old products being aired on the show that should be aiming to get indigenous HPSU's on the show, give them an airing and some publicity on the show, instead of these half-ársed mass produceable cheap crappy products that you wouldnt hope to make an ROI even if you were in business ten years, which they wouldnt be because most of them are just 'flash in the pan' ideas with no proper actual business potential! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

most of the stuff tonite was brutal

maybe the board game does have potential

kids love to sit down and do stuff at a table

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

i thought that boards game was a good idea and was surprised that more dragons didn't get on board. howver i did think your man wasn't telling the whole truth which probably put some of them off.

M cebee wrote: »
    most of the stuff tonite was brutal

maybe the board game does have potential

kids love to sit down and do stuff at a table

i have a seven year old here and tbh he has stacks of board games inside in his bedroom- draughts, chess, cluedo, monopoly, guess who, scrabble, but to name a few, he played with them for a few days but he'd much rather be playing outside or reading a book.

he's not a console gamer either by a long shot, but if that guy already got no replies from the likes of toy stores and distributors, i reckon that board game will just get swallowed up in a market that's already difficult for the main board game manufacturers like MB, hasbro and parker!

i'd imagine kids nowadays are long past board games myself

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

tbh i think boards games like that are like hallmark cards, specific for certain times of the year, namely christmas. whether a child will play that is irrelevant as long as it sells. most board games are total garbage anyway and are never played

paky wrote: »
    tbh i think boards games like that are like hallmark cards, specific for certain times of the year, namely christmas. whether a child will play that is irrelevant as long as it sells. most board games are total garbage anyway and are never played

made a good point paky in the first half of your post, second half though i cant agree with. board games like monopoly and scrabble are great for teaching children about finance and expanding their vocabulary, they dont even realise its helping them because they have fun, tbh in fairness half the reason the young lad doesnt play with half the board games he has is because board games are usually for 2-6 players, and a lot of the time the young lad just doesnt have the patience for it. but then there's the odd time he'll come out with the chess board or monopoly and we'll gladly sit down with him and have a game if its raining outside or whatever.

conoridiot wrote: »

Point well made lad :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭gremha

How come Norah invested in the Deals website last night when last week she said the deals market was over saturated (the student one) ?

I thought the girl presenting (being a PR veteran with 25 years experience) was extremely nervous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭rainbowdash

ah for gods sake- wristbands, made in china dirt! feckall mark-up! :rolleyes:

Heres an idea for you - go on dragons den, tell 'em your idea is to make all the plastic toys in Ireland at 4x the cost.

Heres an idea for you - go on dragons den, tell 'em your idea is to make all the plastic toys in Ireland at 4x the cost.

check my post above- china is welcome to them!

and i wouldn't go on this show either, not if i wanted to be taken seriously in business. it just makes for comedy tv tbh. i took the serious route and went to the enterprise board first, who weren't long knocking spots off me and providing critical analysis for my business, without which i would most certainly have been dead in the water six months down the line if i hadnt been willing to take criticism and learn from it. im still going now three, almost four years later, whereas most of these business propositions we see on the show fall through the minute the cameras are turned off.

gremha wrote: »
    How come Norah invested in the Deals website last night when last week she said the deals market was over saturated (the student one) ?

I thought the girl presenting (being a PR veteran with 25 years experience) was extremely nervous.

i myself think norah wanted her more onside to do with her PR experience and less to do with her flimsy website proposal. the woman herself came off as nervous because she was spoofing- "i wanted to keep deals ireland low key", that's the last thing you want to do when you're starting a business, and "wanting to keep it low key" in this case meant "its failing, miserably!".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭rainbowdash

check my post above- china is welcome to them!

and i wouldn't go on this show either, not if i wanted to be taken seriously in business. it just makes for comedy tv tbh. i took the serious route and went to the enterprise board first, who weren't long knocking spots off me and providing critical analysis for my business, without which i would most certainly have been dead in the water six months down the line if i hadnt been willing to take criticism and learn from it. im still going now three, almost four years later, whereas most of these business propositions we see on the show fall through the minute the cameras are turned off.

I wouldn't go on dragons den or the enterprise board either for that matter and I haven't folded yet!

I see dealsireland seems to be live again so I would say the plug on dragons den alone did it nothing but good.

why is norah always wearing the same dress? was this all done on one day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Has that American ever invested in anything on this show?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 90 ✭✭signup070

The american seems cagey. He often says at the end of a pitch "it's not my sector but only for that I would have invested"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

le la rat wrote: »
    Has that American ever invested in anything on this show?

He's like a character out of that Murder She Wrote episode where Jessica investigate a murder in Cork.. ta be shure ta be shure..

That Jessicas a blight. Everywhere she goes somebody is killed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

What has the circumstances of him being in a wheel chair got to do with the investment?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

why is norah always wearing the same dress? was this all done on one day?

I remember saying the same about Sarah Newman in last series.
    I think what we see in one night might be a quarter of one day they filmed. That is that one days filming makes 3 or 4 shows.. IMHO:)
    ( Also I know this is a double standard, but I could not describe any of the men's clothes)

The yank brought his chequebook tonight!

gwan the yank a dragon virgin no more

bobby is tight enough too wit giving out his bobs. often only wants a half investment when he does go.

"greeny" got blackballed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

he should come back when the camera works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Lisha wrote: »
    I remember saying the same about Sarah Newman in last series.
    I think what we see in one night might be a quarter of one day they filmed. That is that one days filming makes 3 or 4 shows.. IMHO:)
    ( Also I know this is a double standard, but I could not describe any of the men's clothes)

they wear the same stuff each day the appliciants are not shown in order

the lads are all wearing the same stuff all thge time also but you can see norah's hair changes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

M cebee wrote: »
    he should come back when the camera works

mine works

that was an xbox he was using or a kinect at least

Microsft-Unveils-Kinect-Formerly-Project-Natal.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

Anyone think this years dragons den is very poor?All the episodes ive seen so far have been very disappointing to say the least.

Advertisement