Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a box

Options
  • 08-03-2012 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Been doing a lot of reading here and I can't make my mind up what box will suit my needs,
    I have 28.2 setup on the sky dish but plan on setting up a second dish for saorsat at 9.
    What I want is to be able to pause, and rewind live tv and the option to have a full 7 day epg so that we can record shows. I've been reading up on dreamboxes but they are hugely expensive. I have a budget of around 180-200 to spend on the box and would like something that runs smoothly. I'm not afraid of linux gear but am unsure of what to buy. I see most people like the humax foxsat box but would this suit my needs?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭bazery

I've been looking some more, would this work to record a different channel while watching one

http://www.hdtvdreambox.com/products/Sunray4-HD-SE-%252d-Triple-Tuner-%252b-Wifi-%28SR4%29.html

or should i go for the 800 hd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Newtown90

That sunray is a triple tuner but the silly thing about it is that you can only use one tuner at a time so you can't have something terrestrial recording while you watch a satellite channel..

I got a dm800hd from satboxes.com, and bought one of the cheap saorview usb tuners and plugged it into the 800hd..

Works grand as a dual tuner, can record a saorview channel while watching a sat channel or vice versa!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭bazery

That would have been one of the main reasons I would have bought that box, I'm thinking of getting a vu+ duo clone, It has dual sat tuner and can get a usb dvb-t,
    I would get a 800hd but is it true you can only record the channel you are watching. also I'm living in the back and beyonds so no saorview for me, I'm looking into saorsat instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Well a dvb-t tuner i pointless to you then m8 if you can't get saorview..

a dm800hd only has one tuner hence why you can only watch one channel..

the Vu duo clone sounds good, just have no experience with them..

best of luck

Advertisement