Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photographic Competition Greystones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

you're not allowed to enter this John....

it would be unfair to all of us mere mortals.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

you're not allowed to enter this John....

it would be unfair to all of us mere mortals.... :D

Hi Matt,
    Thank you but in Greystones Camera Club there are so many members who have just taken up photography and their shots are just amazing. I haven't a hope of competing against them because they are so creative. Also there are lots of photographers out there who are not members of a club but who are contenders for prizes in the above competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭nungesser

john would you need permission to take a photo of a residence?, there are a couple of interesting houses i thought would be worth photographing. I'm going to try to enter a few photos, I also thought you might sweep the competition but will try to give you a run for your money!

If your photo was accepted for printing in the book which will be published by the La Touche Legacy Committee you would probably need permission, its a bit of a grey area. If you take the photo from a public place then normally you would not require permission. Maybe its best to contact the organisers to get clarification.
    Sometimes it is not taking the photo that requires permission, its what you then do with the photo that might well require permission.
    Sorry I am no real help to you.
    Good luck with your entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    If your photo was accepted for printing in the book which will be published by the La Touche Legacy Committee you would probably need permission, its a bit of a grey area. If you take the photo from a public place then normally you would not require permission. Maybe its best to contact the organisers to get clarification.
    Sometimes it is not taking the photo that requires permission, its what you then do with the photo that might well require permission.
    Sorry I am no real help to you.
    Good luck with your entry.

That's correct. It can depend if the publication is for commercial gain, eg will it be free or sold. The competition rules say you need to have any required permissions. It probably would be polite if you ask the home owner anyway. You can also download a property release form from the Internet.

• Advertisement

Hi all,
    I just got some clarification on this for this competition.
    "You don’t need permission to take photos or publish photos of houses as long as you have not trespassed onto the lands / gardens etc to get photos."

Also The the Dept of Environment have lots of local Greystones houses on their heritage site.

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    6964049029_50dd9c86b1_z.jpg
    comp111 001
    Further information will be posted on http://latouchelegacy.com/

A Reminder

Advertisement