Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kehoes Pantry - Kilmore Quay

Options
  • 08-03-2012 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭

Hear Ronan Collins mentioning the above today, said it opened yesterday, anyone know is it where Kehoes pub was or.....?

Is it a pub, or a cafe or what?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

It was on South East Radio yesterday that Kehoes Pub in Kilmore Quay had eventually been sold, €310k afaik.Maybe it's the same premises and has been renamed?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

zerks wrote: »
    It was on South East Radio yesterday that Kehoes Pub in Kilmore Quay had eventually been sold, €310k afaik.Maybe it's the same premises and has been renamed?

Yeh that's what I'm trying to figure out, apparently a "Kehoes Pantry" opened yesterday, but whether it's a pub or whats sounds like a restaurant/cafe, being "Pantry"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Kehoe's sold - Wexford People

It'd be some going to buy a property one day and open for business very shortly after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭acidskiffle

It's definitely the same premises but whether or not they will keep it as a pub I don't know.

RadioRetro wrote: »
    Kehoe's sold - Wexford People

It'd be some going to buy a property one day and open for business very shortly after.

Well Collins may have it arseways but that's what he said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭patff

It's definitely the same premises but whether or not they will keep it as a pub I don't know.

Kehoe's was always a nice little pub. It'd be nice to see it reopened.

Besides, how do the lads in "the Quay" get by with only that horrid hotel to drink in?

Actually I was just in the Quay earlier and I think Cullen's shop is now Kehoe's Pantry, the pub is still closed up.
    patff wrote: »
    Kehoe's was always a nice little pub. It'd be nice to see it reopened.

Besides, how do the lads in "the Quay" get by with only that horrid hotel to drink in?
    It was a grand spot alright!
    At least the young lads can head to the hotel for 'da decks' anyway!

Actually I was just in the Quay earlier and I think Cullen's shop is now Kehoe's Pantry, the pub is still closed up.

It was a grand spot alright!
    At least the young lads can head to the hotel for 'da decks' anyway!

Is it a cafe or what ?

vicwatson wrote: »
    Is it a cafe or what ?
    Nope just a shop and deli.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Whyner

Ballbags, I'm going down this weekend with the missus for seafood and creamy pints.

So the only other option is some hotel that sounds like a kip?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Silver Fox is still going, isn't it? Had a beautiful meal in there a couple of years ago.

Whyner wrote: »
    Ballbags, I'm going down this weekend with the missus for seafood and creamy pints.

So the only other option is some hotel that sounds like a kip?

There is two pubs in Kilmore Village, though it's a drive away, you'll pass through on the way down to the quay -

Mary Barry's (deffo does food) http://www.marybarrys.ie/

and Quigley's.

Crazy Crab is great for seafood in the quay www.crazycrab.ie

and the Silver Fox in the quay - www.silverfox.ie has very nice food also.

Enjoy !

EDIT - I note that Mary Barry's has a courtesy bus (left hand side of website) - sure you're laughin' !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭eagerv

Another place worth mentioning at Kilmore Quay is Bradys shop at the Burrow.(Just on the outskirts of the village on the Baldwinstown road.) Deirdre has just recently opened a restaurant within the shop.

Have had a few meals there recently, probably the best fish I have ever had anywhere. Last week there was fresh Hake, Haddock, Cod, Monk and Lemon Sole. All for €8.95 incl Chips potatoes and two veg. Beautifully cooked and so fresh.

More cafe style than restaurant. But well worth a visit.

eagerv wrote: »
    Another place worth mentioning at Kilmore Quay is Bradys shop at the Burrow.(Just on the outskirts of the village on the Baldwinstown road.) Deirdre has just recently opened a restaurant within the shop.

Have had a few meals there recently, probably the best fish I have ever had anywhere. Last week there was fresh Hake, Haddock, Cod, Monk and Lemon Sole. All for €8.95 incl Chips potatoes and two veg. Beautifully cooked and so fresh.

More cafe style than restaurant. But well worth a visit.

Is that when you go up past the Silver fox and the Marine Shop on the left, up past there there was a shop and fish shop on the right, is it near there?

Is that when you go up past the Silver fox and the Marine Shop on the left, up past there there was a shop and fish shop on the right, is it near there?

Yes, that's the place. Go into shop and turn left.

Yes, that's the place. Go into shop and turn left.

Ah right, the last time I was down that direction they were sort of doing work on it alright. They sell fresh fish in there too right? at least they used to.

Is the fish in the cafe good? i.e. is it fresh fish cooked to order?

Ah right, the last time I was down that direction they were sort of doing work on it alright. They sell fresh fish in there too right? at least they used to.

Is the fish in the cafe good? i.e. is it fresh fish cooked to order?

Yes, fresh fish cooked to order, so dont expect to be in and out in 10 minutes!

If the high standard continues, I reckon it will be hard to get into come summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Whyner

Yes, fresh fish cooked to order, so dont expect to be in and out in 10 minutes!

If the high standard continues, I reckon it will be hard to get into come summer.

I'll try Brady's this weekend, cheers. Is it much of a walk from the pier or Quays? I imagine the whole town is tiny.

Heading down tomorrow, staying in Quays, dinner in Silver Fox

Have organised a boat to drop us off at Saltee Islands for the day so might pop into this cafe for some picnic grub sat morning

Going to have an early dinner in the Crazy Crab then head to Marry Barry's for some scoops, trad session and craic with the locals, courtesy bus home :)

Visit Tacumshane Windmill and Lady's Island Lake Sun morning after breakfast. Staying in Ballinkeele House on Sunday night and eating there, won't be budging that night

I'll try Brady's this weekend, cheers. Is it much of a walk from the pier or Quays? I imagine the whole town is tiny.

Have organised a boat to drop us off at Saltee Islands for the day so might pop into this cafe for some picnic grub sat morning

Going to have an early dinner in the Crazy Crab then head to Marry Barry's for some scoops, trad session and craic with the locals, courtesy bus home :)

Visit Tacumshane Windmill and Lady's Island Lake Sun morning after breakfast. Staying in Ballinkeele House on Sunday night and eating there, won't be budging that night
    Is it much of a walk from the pier or Quays?
    5 mins tops

After Lady's Island go to Carne beach for a walk to blow the cobwebs off ya !

All sounds good. Deffo go to the Saltees, nice over there.

Kilmore Quay is quite tiny yes.

Enjoy !

A few minutes walk out the road past the Silver Fox.
    Was there today for lunch, really excellent. Don't tell too many people! Only four tables, room for about 16 total.icon7.gif

Enjoy the Islands, hopefully wiinds will be light at weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

Both Kehoes and the Wooden house are open now

I dont think either are doing food, but theres plenty of food options in Kilmore anyway

Tzar Chasm wrote: »
    Both Kehoes and the Wooden house are open now

I dont think either are doing food, but theres plenty of food options in Kilmore anyway

Wha???????????

Wooden house and Kehoes open again? Wow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

Yep, I went through there today and there were people sitting around drinking in both. quite a buzz in the Quay today seemed there may have ben a fishing competition on there or something

Advertisement