Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ready-made disposable bottles?

Options
  • 08-03-2012 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    Just wondering, does anyone know if the ready-made, pre-sterilised disposable bottles they use for feeding newborns in Holles St. are sold anywhere like Dunnes or Boots? Have gone through Tesco and a few pharmacies now without luck, and I'd like to have a small batch of them in the house for the first few days at least, even though they're a bit pricey, just until we at least figure out in what direction we have to go to find our feet after we get home :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭g0g

Don't think so, but you can get them in the hospital shops if you just walk in off the street. We got ours originally in the Coombe and then they were out of stock so I got them in Holles Street. Assume you're talking about ones like Aptamil where they sell a crate of pre-made formula in glass bottles and also supply you a bag of single-use teats.

I've never seen the bottles sold anywhere, however I know mine were all hungry feckers so the 4 oz bottles wouldn't have been enough for very long.

What you could do though is get the disposable bottles from boots and the ready made cartons and do it that way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Sparks wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Just wondering, does anyone know if the ready-made, pre-sterilised disposable bottles they use for feeding newborns in Holles St. are sold anywhere like Dunnes or Boots? Have gone through Tesco and a few pharmacies now without luck, and I'd like to have a small batch of them in the house for the first few days at least, even though they're a bit pricey, just until we at least figure out in what direction we have to go to find our feet after we get home :D

Dunnes Stores stock the SMA version, and I think the Cow&Gate, but never found the Apitimal version anyway.

It was €20 for 12 last time we got them...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Dunnes Stores stock the SMA version, and I think the Cow&Gate, but never found the Apitimal version anyway.
    It was €20 for 12 last time we got them...
    Brilliant, thanks!

Have a crate of the 250ml pre-made cartons of formula, and we're planning on the boob method anyway, but I figure €20 spent now to save 12x10 minutes on a feed over the first few days home is a good deal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 MrsGoose

you can buy them in the shop in Holles St. I've seen them in Tesco also but they sell out very quickly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Also sold in the Rotunda... and Tesco Clearwater seem to always have the SMA ones anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭chirogirl

I got a Baby hamper as a gift, and included were some disposable bottles. I've yet to use them, but I think the brand of them was Lindam.

Found some in Dunnes at the Beacon this evening, thanks Gerard!
    And sorry to anyone else looking for them there, some utter bastard bought all the ones they had.
    *ahem*

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

Sparks wrote: »
    Brilliant, thanks!

Have a crate of the 250ml pre-made cartons of formula, and we're planning on the boob method anyway, but I figure €20 spent now to save 12x10 minutes on a feed over the first few days home is a good deal :D

Probably not a good idea, breastfeeding is a supply and demand process. You have to feed a lot in the first little while to get your supply going (but then it's so worth it!).

NextSteps wrote: »
    Probably not a good idea, breastfeeding is a supply and demand process. You have to feed a lot in the first little while to get your supply going (but then it's so worth it!).

Y'know, thats grand and all, and if my wife has no problems breastfeeding, that'll be wonderful; but frankly, half of the happiest kids I know never saw a boob for medical reasons and they're in the 99th percentile for body mass and IQ and have never had health problems.

So if it works, great; and if not, I have a plan B to hand so we're not left panicing (and as the bottles are UHT-treated, they'll keep until the end of May, by which time it'll be time to be doing bottle feeding anyway so that he doesn't refuse a bottle later on). Because honestly, I'm more worried about my kid than I am about proving to the world that breastfeeding is the superior nutritional option in the abstract.

• Advertisement
Advertisement