Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No 1080P for the Irish iTunes Store?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

But itunes video quality has always been poor, even 720p. The average consumer doesnt care about visual quality; their perception is influenced more by placebo terms like HD and 1080p.

I have to say I always thought like this. I doubted that DL compressed files could be anyway as good as Blu Ray.

Well it appears iTunes is far better than I thought. And DL movies in general. But Obviously not as good as Blu Ray

Check links from the last week.

Engadget

Ars Technica

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

While those image comparisons are impressive, it's the compression artefacts that I'd be worried about. There's no way that a file that small isn't going to have a lot of banding and macroblocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

just got my apple tv 2.5, love the fact on the irish store the following happens:

"a night to remember" released in 1953 1080p HD.
    "the girl who played with fire" released in 2010 720p HD.

wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭InisMor

mad muffin wrote: »
    squonk wrote: »
    Maybe it's the usual licencing issues. It might be sorted out by the summer though. On the other hand, maybe it'll launch with the iPad 3 on Mar 23?

Let's hope. I always feel we're an afterthought for Apple.

It isn't Apple's doing - it is is the distributors

jc84 wrote: »
    can't imagine apple would be in any great rush to supply ireland with 1080p content, there isn't even any tv shows for sale on the irish store, apple don't have an apple store in the country either and ireland is never on the first batch of release dates for any of their products

Again the release of TV shows here isn't down to Apple - it is up to the copyright holders.

And copyright seems to be a particular problem here in Ireland - RTÉ don't actually hold full copyright on a lot of even the stuff they finance.

Single-Handed, RAW, etc. have two to three "owners" each.

• Advertisement

Came here to ask the same question as the OP.

The UK and French Stores don't have any 1086p movies either, but a lot of the TV programmes in both are 1086p.

I guess it is a matter of time before the distributors pull the finger out.

However, as best I can tell even if you buy a HD movie now you are entitled to the 1086p version when it is available and you have the compatible device.

just got my apple tv 2.5, love the fact on the irish store the following happens:

"a night to remember" released in 1953 1080p HD.
    "the girl who played with fire" released in 2010 720p HD.

wtf?

Are you sure A Night To Remember is in 1086p HD on the Irish Store?

Advertisement