Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unemployed, can bank knock me off tracker rate?

• 08-03-2012 2:32pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭

Hi folks. I'm recently unemployed, but still (thankfully) managing to pay my full mortgage amount. I'm with BOI. If I try to re-arrange my repayments, are the bank entitled knock me off my tracker rate?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

newmug wrote: »
    Hi folks. I'm recently unemployed, but still (thankfully) managing to pay my full mortgage amount. I'm with BOI. If I try to re-arrange my repayments, are the bank entitled knock me off my tracker rate?

The Bank can only take your tracker off you if a new loan offer had to be issued for any reason. I'd expect given your circumstances and the fact that you have met all repayments that they should be a bit more flexible with you and allow you a reduced monthly repayment or an interest only period without losing your tracker. They can't take your Tracker off you without giving you something in writing that you agree to...

Advertisement