Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jamaican Training Seminar in Dublin (Usain Bolt's former Trainer))

• 08-03-2012 2:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

So Jamaican coach, Micky Ruben, is coming to Dublin on March 22nd. He gave some seriously good talks when he was over in January so a great opportunity to see him again. I wonder why we don't get people of his stature coming to Ireland more often?

Surely, Micky's expertise (has worked with Bolt, Powell and Blake) can inspire better coaching and stronger, more succesful athletes across all sports.

Here is a link to more details of the event on facebook if anyone is interested in going https://www.facebook.com/events/362331907134022/?ref=ts

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,529 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Is it a free event? Excellent!
    We need more events like this for free.

Thanks for posting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

There's a barter system in effect - bring along any two technical t-shirts or any five (full) goody bags for entry ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sport22032012

Is it a free event? Excellent!
    We need more events like this for free.

Thanks for posting!

I believe it's €20per person. Well worth the fee in my mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Well worth the fee in my mind.

:rolleyes:
    Because you don't have anything to do with organising or promoting the event, you just happened to hear about it and were so excited you set up a boards account to let us all know?

I'm inclined to allow the thread, as something that people might be genuinely interested in, supporting elite athletics etc etc... but it's borderline, so don't test my patience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

I believe it's €20per person. Well worth the fee in my mind.

Sure of course it's worth it when your the person promoting the event :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sport22032012

There may be a vested interest but it doesn't make the event any less worthwhile. I'm an athlete myself, wouldn't have gotten involved otherwise.

Nevertheless, apologies for my approach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭ss43

Is he working with any decent athletes now and if not, why not?

Not necessarily the case, but it has occurred to me that it could be someone who got lucky to be associated with some big names for a while and is now cashing in.

Advertisement