Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Calving Camera - av to ip converter

• 08-03-2012 3:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here successfully converted a signal from a Calving camera wireless receiver using an AV to IP converter for transmission to internet for viewing. Looking for product recommendation.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

leex wrote: »
    Has anyone here successfully converted a signal from a Calving camera wireless receiver using an AV to IP converter for transmission to internet for viewing. Looking for product recommendation.

i think i had a look for something like this before, i think a product might exist but it was very expensive if i recall correctly, might be easier to buy a dvr that suits your camera , the dvr should have an ethernet port which would enable you to get it on tinternet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭Micheal H

I'm guessing there is no phone line available at/near where your camera is? If that's the case then this is what we did for ours:
    • Camera connected to DVR.
    • Ethernet port of DVR connected to Ethernet port of one of these Dovado 4GR routers.
    • O2 mobile broadband dongle plugged into the USB port of the router.

We also have it set up that we can turn the shed lights on/off remotely through the DVR.

Our sheds are a few miles away from the house, so having this set up means no more having to get up at 3 or 4 in the morning to drive over and check on cows. Now it's just a case of waking up, having a look at the camera and jumping back into if there's nothing doing :D

You will need someone who knows what they're doing when it comes to computers & networking when setting it up though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭leex

Micheal H wrote: »
    I'm guessing there is no phone line available at/near where your camera is? If that's the case then this is what we did for ours:
    • Camera connected to DVR.
    • Ethernet port of DVR connected to Ethernet port of one of these Dovado 4GR routers.
    • O2 mobile broadband dongle plugged into the USB port of the router.

We also have it set up that we can turn the shed lights on/off remotely through the DVR.

Our sheds are a few miles away from the house, so having this set up means no more having to get up at 3 or 4 in the morning to drive over and check on cows. Now it's just a case of waking up, having a look at the camera and jumping back into if there's nothing doing :D

You will need someone who knows what they're doing when it comes to computers & networking when setting it up though.

Thanks for your responses.

I actually found this product after I posted yesterday. http://www.digidave.co.uk/jshop/product.php?xProd=208&gclid=CPD00ajB164CFcYntAodEnNcew

I actually own a 3g router alright but given I have the gear to get picture to my house already and I have a broadband connection there I don't want expense of paying for a second BB connection and 3G reception is patchy at best where I live.

With port forwarding on my home modem/router the gadget above may do the trick.

leex wrote: »
    Thanks for your responses.

I actually found this product after I posted yesterday. http://www.digidave.co.uk/jshop/product.php?xProd=208&gclid=CPD00ajB164CFcYntAodEnNcew

I actually own a 3g router alright but given I have the gear to get picture to my house already and I have a broadband connection there I don't want expense of paying for a second BB connection and 3G reception is patchy at best where I live.

With port forwarding on my home modem/router the gadget above may do the trick.
    could be a handy solution for alot of lads, let us know how it works

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭pms7

A USB video grabber will also do the trick much cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Bactidiaryl

Where might one get one of those grabbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭pms7

Plenty on Ebay. Also sold as "Video to DVD convertor" in electrical shops. Got one for friend of mine, he has Windows 7, we failed to get it going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Bactidiaryl

Would 'log me in' be usefull to view footage remotely.

Would 'log me in' be usefull to view footage remotely.
    hmm it works but not ideal, picture seems to get fudged up a bit

Advertisement