Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving site to new domain?

Options
  • 08-03-2012 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have an ecommerce site up and running atm but I came across a keyword search term that happens to be a very good domain name so I bought it.

I now want the new domain to be my site.

Is the best way to do put the whole site up on the new domain or is there any other way of doing this?

What is the best way to do this SEO wise

Thanks,

Blindside

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Hi All,

I have an ecommerce site up and running atm but I came across a keyword search term that happens to be a very good domain name so I bought it.

Is the best way to do put the whole site up on the new domain or is there any other way of doing this?

Thanks,

Blindside

Try to maintain your old site structure and do a blanket 301 redirect to the new domain.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭omega42

Depending on who you host with see if they offer multiple domains on the one hosting account. Start marketing your new domain but hold on to your old one for the lifetime of your site as the last thing you want is a cyber squatter on your old domain
    Hi All,

Thanks,

Blindside

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 36 mhkdeveloper

When you change the domain then all URL will be change but maintain you HTML data structure like head tag, link , strong, bold title etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ket

You have to design according to old site, there are no technique that automatically design and inherits content etc from old to new site. One another way you can do 301 redirect from new to old site.

Advertisement