Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fingal Sprint Tri - 27th May

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Hoping to make this my first race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Should be my 1st of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

Was going to do it as my first ever triathlon but it clashes with the Heineken cup final (wishful thinking by a Leinster fan!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

mrboswell wrote: »
    Was going to do it as my first ever triathlon but it clashes with the Heineken cup final (wishful thinking by a Leinster fan!)

Heineken Cup Final 19th May

Fingal Sprint Tri 27th May

I see no problems here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

mrboswell wrote: »

Heineken Cup Final 19th May

Fingal Sprint Tri 27th May

I see no problems here :D
    You gave me a fright there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

Sorry lads - my bad - looks like I can do it after all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭El Director

Not doing it myself but hope to be there with 5/6 students from school that I am introducing to the world of multisport, its great that there is a junior aquathon, although you have to be under 16 and two of the students are 16 so they will be doing the sprint. Hopefully it will be enjoyable for them and they'd like to do it again. They are all part of swim clubs and well able to run, representing the school in XC as well so not a bother to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Looking forward to this now and the challenge of trying to beat last years time.

A couple of club members tried to enter this week but it's now full. Did that happen last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Looking forward to this now and the challenge of trying to beat last years time.

A couple of club members tried to enter this week but it's now full. Did that happen last year?

Not sure if it filled out last year. Initial uptake this year was very slow so the decision was made to cut a wave. Last year we added a wave due to demand, but have now gone back to the previous years size. Still, over 350 places in the adult race alone sold so its not going to be a small race!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 JohnM77

My wife missed the entry cut off for this race so if anyone knows of an entry going she would gladly take it off their hands.

PM me and I can provide contact details.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭bombidal

Seems to be a lot of traffic works on cycle route. Will these be done?, the diversion in place has roads that are in absolutely woeful condition

bombidal wrote: »
    Seems to be a lot of traffic works on cycle route. Will these be done?, the diversion in place has roads that are in absolutely woeful condition

Just had to reroute our club TT tonight because of it. Thanks for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 NinjaStudent

Looking forward to this tri, anyone know if the roads have improved for the cycle?

Looking forward to this tri, anyone know if the roads have improved for the cycle?

AFAIK the road has reopened between Dolly Hefernans and Hollystown. However, up Nr the turnaround point has been resurfaced and is more or less gravel at the moment.

Thanks for the info couerdelion, took a quick drive up that way today, the last 500ms of the cycle is farily gravelly alright, nothing to serious tho.

Nice flat cycle all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭redved

Quick question about the swim, does anyone know how much time the longer course would cost you over 750m.

My best time over 750m with a 25m pool is 14:30 or so. I think I may have been a bit ambitous with my swim time as I gave the same time for a 50m pool

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭El Director

Jura are off! Go team El D!! :D

Well organised event yet again from 3D. Loads of marshalls too giving great encouragement.

Just waiting for results now.

Oh and I got the turnaround wrong, no gravel.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭littlemsfickle

+1

My third year doing this race now, well organised and marshalled and FANTASTIC day for it. Cheers 3D tri!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭bombidal

Great tri as usual, any sign of results?... Fella finishing 1st wave in pool was memorable, great respect for people who are willing to give it a go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭glennbhoy

Great day, Excellent marshalling by 3D and hot weather
    Fair play to Pixel pros for all the photos
    Just missing the results

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭littlemsfickle

I think the times are a bit out though - looks like about 2 mins fast for the swim

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

yes swim times are odd look some 75 - 2 min out depending on the level of swimmer

well done for the female win .

I think the times are a bit out though - looks like about 2 mins fast for the swim
    peter kern wrote: »
    yes swim times are odd look some 75 - 2 min out depending on the level of swimmer

well done for the female win .

Yep, I thought the swim times looked a little fast. I've no idea where the transponder was for the end of the swim but I reckon mine is out by 1 min or so.

Great start to the season, and a well organised race!

I was absolutely boiling by the end of the run!

agreed on the heat on the run, thought I'd never get to the turnaround point :)

Must say I was very impressed with the volunteers on the bike course, every junction was well marshalled and I appreciated the encouragement

Swim was a struggle, found the distance notably harder in the 50m pool.

I refuse to believe the swim times are a minute short :D

Overall great event and superbly organised

I think most people agree that the swim times were generous and I received an email overnight to confirm that the swim times are indeed too short due to an initial clock synchronisation mix-up and they are all 3m 16s out.

This would mean that the fastest time is 11:23 from start to transition? Bjorns split isn't shown but I'm told he was well in front of Con. So 90s+ slower than last year for Bjorn Ludick and 80s for Con Docherty in the same pool and same transition? I also had someone timing me and it would mean I took around 3 mins to get to transition. Same with another lad in wave 2. Sorry but that is crap.

Really peeved at the moment. Accurate timing is one of the most important aspects of an event and this just looks like it's now been made up. When I'm deciding if I want to enter next year I won't be thinking of how good I thought the run and bike marshalling was I'll be wondering if the timing will be got right and what's the point of entering again if I've nothing to compare year on year times to.

agreed on the above, its disappointing when stuff like this happens. hard to see where the 3 mins plus came from.

@Courdelion you said you had timed yourself separately, how do the times compare?

• Advertisement

redved wrote: »
    agreed on the above, its disappointing when stuff like this happens. hard to see where the 3 mins plus came from.

@Courdelion you said you had timed yourself separately, how do the times compare?

Brother in laws dad said I climbed out of the pool around 13:20. Initial results had me at T1 in 12:56 which I knew was wrong and said earlier in this thread that I reckoned to be about a minute out. New results have me at 16:12.

Advertisement