Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basic Unity question on importing assets/textures

Options
  • 08-03-2012 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭

Just started playing around with Unity. Been through a few tutorials on the basics, but I'm having trouble finding assets and importing them.

I've worked out that I need them as fbx, since for any other import Unity needs the original program. Or possibly import 3ds or blend into blender, and export them.

But when I do import them, I'm not seeing the textures. I've come across a load of references to how you should create models in Blender in order to get the textures, but I'm trying to work out how to import 3rd party assets.

I'd appreciate any tips on either what steps I need to follow to get assets imported texture intact, or exactly what type of assets I should be looking for (or even a source).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

MOH wrote: »
    Just started playing around with Unity. Been through a few tutorials on the basics, but I'm having trouble finding assets and importing them.

I've worked out that I need them as fbx, since for any other import Unity needs the original program. Or possibly import 3ds or blend into blender, and export them.

But when I do import them, I'm not seeing the textures. I've come across a load of references to how you should create models in Blender in order to get the textures, but I'm trying to work out how to import 3rd party assets.

I'd appreciate any tips on either what steps I need to follow to get assets imported texture intact, or exactly what type of assets I should be looking for (or even a source).

You have to import the textures separately, then put them on the model in unity.

Advertisement