Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

why all the attitude from people on boards?!

• 08-03-2012 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭

I'm not talking about AH or having a bit of banter. It's to be expected and it can be a good laugh! But it seems alot of the time when a question is asked or advice is sought on boards people feel the need to give opinions where they aren't needed or think that they know EVERYTHING and that their opinion and advice is THE only advice that should be followed and you're an ass for not already thinking of it. I wonder are these people the ar$eholes they appear to be in real life or is it just the keyboard and anonymity that bring it out?! Boards used to be very handy for some helpful advice from a stranger or finding out something but lately it's just somewhere to be treated like an idiot for not already knowing everything!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

skeptik wrote: »
    I'm not talking about AH or having a bit of banter. It's to be expected and it can be a good laugh! But it seems alot of the time when a question is asked or advice is sought on boards people feel the need to give opinions where they aren't needed or think that they know EVERYTHING and that their opinion and advice is THE only advice that should be followed and you're an ass for not already thinking of it. I wonder are these people the ar$eholes they appear to be in real life or is it just the keyboard and anonymity that bring it out?! Boards used to be very handy for some helpful advice from a stranger or finding out something but lately it's just somewhere to be treated like an idiot for not already knowing everything!

:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Yea! Lets discuss Jellybabies instead!

(Someone must have had the temerity to disagree with the OP!) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

"Pshew."
    "Cooshaw."
    "Fushoo."

These are fun onomatopoeic* words.

If you disagree: Fuck you.

*May not be onomatopoeic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

We're dicks! We're reckless, arrogant, stupid dicks.
    And the Irish people are pussies.
    boards.ie is an asshole.

Pussies don't like dicks because pussies get ****ed by dicks. But dicks also **** assholes. Assholes that just want to **** on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can **** a asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is they **** too much or **** when it isn't appropriate. And it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes pussies can be so full of **** that they become assholes themselves. Because pussies are a inch and half away from assholes. I don't know much about this crazy crazy world, but I do know this. If you don't let us **** this asshole we're going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Yeah, well, that's your opinion man

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Opinicus

because **** your opinion, that's why!

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

All atheists

Smcgie wrote: »
    All atheists

All Saints

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

I'm the same asshole in real life that i am online. on boards is in real life a good percentage of the populace are knuckle dragging mouth breathers, and they need to be reminded of that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭skeptik

Biggins wrote: »

yeah see you're the very kind I'm talking about. I don't mind a good discussion with different opinions. It's all good. The point is some times people don't want opinions, they want A FACTUAL ANSWER eg: ""yes, you'll get that in Argos." It's the people that come along and say "well why haven't you looked in the Argos catalogue?" that I'm talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

In all fairness OP,Its the likes of boards where you can get a lot of different and 100% opposite opinions,Can you just imagine if we all agreed with each other .......................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

yeah see you're the very kind I'm talking about. I don't mind a good discussion with different opinions. It's all good. The point is some times people don't want opinions, they want A FACTUAL ANSWER eg: ""yes, you'll get that in Argos." It's the people that come along and say "well why haven't you looked in the Argos catalogue?" that I'm talking about.

:D Dont mind that biggins fella he is forever taking the piss ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,459 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If you want a factual answer go pay a professional, want something for free expect the odd bit off your a ****ing moron, deal with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Who disagreed with you? Tell me. I'll sort them out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I came here for the beer, whiskey and loose women.

I've had beer and whiskey... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Its people like you that let Hitler into power,let others eat my swans and let medical cards drive taxi's...

All joking aside.
    1. Thats the net for you.
    2. Thats After Hours especially (besides other possible sections).
    3. If anyone IS genuine, in amid the crappy replies, you will find some gems of answering posts (hopefully).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

You and the horse you rode in on OP.

I've just done a Biggins/Jellybabies search, and would like to point out that you've mentioned jellybabies 10 times during the last 3.25 years.:mad:

• Advertisement

mattjack wrote: »
    Its people like you that let Hitler into power,let others eat my swans and let medical cards drive taxi's...

:eek: yeah, I'm gonna have to Google those two. I'll get back yo ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Gulp! Someone really forgot to have a good **** before getting out of bed the wrong side this morning.:rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:)

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I've just done a Biggins/Jellybabies search, and would like to point out that you've mentioned jellybabies 10 times during the last 3.25 years.:mad:

Mesa luvs mesa Jellybabies! :D:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,605 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Is the OP a taxi man who is on the dole?

I came here for the beer, whiskey and loose women.

I've had beer and whiskey... :(

Hai there, pics attached

Line up in a orderly que boys

Reported for spamming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

anyone who takes AH advice seriously needs help :P

Reported for spamming.

Its not spamming - is subliminal advertising.
    Git ya your facts roight ya fenian! :p

Is it working? :D

• Advertisement

Its not spamming - is subliminal advertising.
    Git ya your facts roight ya fenian! :p

Jellybeans

anyone who takes AH advice seriously needs help :P

I'd never ask for serious advice on AH! I ask on whatever area of boards is relevant but it makes no difference.

Jellybeans

*throws up*

'Orrible things they are! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭phil1nj

You should always ask for only male jelly babies BTW...you get that little bit extra each time.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭toexpress

I think the answer to this tempest in a tea cup can be found in this post. The OP goes to Argos, I mean think about it, if you have to go Argos then clearly you are either a victim of this whole economic bladhy blahh or a total chav. Either way enough reason there to be suffering depression.

Alternatively he is in fact only 12, shops in Argos because he has to make his pocket money do less these days (remember the Tesco advert, every little helps) and has all those pubescent hormones raging through his body but has not yet discovered sex.

Either way, he seems to have some pretty strong opinions on those who have, well, I guess one might say opinions.

*throws up*

'Orrible things they are! :mad:

+1 prefer Jelly Beans myself :D

• Advertisement

+1 prefer Jelly Beans myself :D

*takes note*

Another one for the hit list! :cool:

phil1nj wrote: »
    You should always ask for only male jelly babies BTW...you get that little bit extra each time.....

Kind of a homoerotic theme starting to errr, come out if you will ...

toexpress wrote: »
    Kind of a homoerotic theme starting to errr, come out if you will ...

You twisted individual, these are jelly BABIES for god's sake (albeit soft, jelly-like, extremely moreish, edible sweet ones)...but that's not the point:D

You twisted individual, these are jelly BABIES for god's sake (albeit soft, jelly-like, extremely moreish, edible sweet ones)...but that's not the point:D

I actually hadn't thought of it like that and now have managed to creep myself out

I actually get paid by the hour to talk about Jellybeans on social media such as boards, Facebook and Twitter and even in real life. The real trick is to incorporate the jellybean into everyday conversation so that it sticks jellybean in the consumers mind without being overly obvious

• Advertisement

I actually get paid by the hour to talk about Jellybeans on social media such as boards, Facebook and Twitter and even in real life. The real trick is to incorporate the jellybean into everyday conversation so that it sticks jellybean in the consumers mind without being overly obvious

Just to put your mind at ease, this is definitely working (in a weird subliminal way) as I've now got a fierce craving for a Cadbury's Flake......

Just to put your mind at ease, this is definitely working (in a weird subliminal way) as I've now got a fierce craving for a Cadbury's Flake......

Meh, close enough, I'm glad to have taken advantage over your mind for you, my work here is done
    you will go to the shop and buy lots of jellybeans yes you will yes you will

Meh, close enough, I'm glad to have taken advantage over your mind for you
    you will go to the shop and buy lots of jellybeans yes you will yes you will

It's easily done.......

It's easily done.......

And loads of fun
    have some jellybean fun today buy jellybeans buy buy buy them now

It's easily done.......

If you're easy on the eye I have a few suggestions ...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

OP, did you ever considered that maybe some people simply do know everything and do have all the answers?

Also, why didn't you check the Argos catalogue first?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Where's the "welcome to the internet" response?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Welcome to the internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Even the mere mention of them makes my stomach feel ill. Just had one too many sweets :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Door
    Arse
    Way out

• Advertisement
Advertisement